In response to all the tempbans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan Ryan

Netcode Nancy
I've noticed that a lot of newbs that get tempbanned never come back. It makes sense, too. They didn't read the rules, they didn't know about tempbans, they're like 'OMG I CANT DO STUF', and they leave. Forever. (Minimal expections apply.)

nitro_the_hedghog said:
I can't blame them. I nearly got banned when I first started on the forums.

I'm not talking about them getting banned, I'm talking about them not coming back just because they get tempbanned for 3 days and have no clue what's going on.

They get made at all the rules and decide "this forum isn't good enough for them."

nitro_the_hedghog said:
They get mad at all the rules and decide "this forum isn't good enough for them."

That's...not the point I'm trying to establish. (read previous post for point)

Personally, I find this effect to be a _good thing_. If someone isn't willing to read the rules or abide by the community's standards, we don't _want_ them here. If they leave on their own accord, that's less work for the administrators and moderators, and makes all of our lives easier.

Well said, Mystic. I'd have to agree, it annoys me when people spam the forums and generally break the rules.

I recently welcomed someone to the forums, and this happened.
I'll Begin said:
Welcome to SRB2 Messageboard! My name's I'll Begin and I hope you have a smashing time here.

Don't forget to read the rules, and follow them too. If you do that then you'll fit in very well here.

Rules: http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=2575
FAQ: http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=2982

Happy posting!
Sonic234 said:
I'll Begin said:
I beg your pardon?
Mystic said:
2. This forum uses proper English. This means that you should type your posts as if you were going to hand it in to the English teacher. While a little leeway will be given if you are not a native speaker, there are some things that just have no excuse:
  • Use capitalization rules properly. The first word in a sentence, proper nouns, and “I” are capitalized. Always.
  • Use punctuation. It’s very hard to read posts with no periods or commas. Put a space after your periods and commas, too.
  • Use correct spelling. Occasional mistakes are fine (we all make them), but if your post misspells every single word, then that's unacceptable.
  • Don’t use l33tspeak, internet acronyms (LOL, U, etc.), or text message abbreviations.
  • Use paragraph breaks. No one wants to read a page of text with no spaces in it at all.
It really hurts me to see people not read the rules when I go to all this trouble to send them these Private Messages in my own spare time. :cry:
Sonic234 said:
ok i understand sorry :cry:
I'll Begin said:
Maybe if you understood you would actually obey AT LEAST that rule and use punctuation and capital letters.

Ok I understand. I'm sorry. :cry:
Would be better.

Lucky for me there wasn't a "you break a rule, you get a tempban" thing in my old days, otherwise I'd probably be tempbanned twice already. Now its very unlikely that I'd get a tempban for anything, considering I've learned not to flame or make major grammar mistakes, and to act less like a total moron.(Once a moron, always a moron! :) Just a little bit less, thats all)

I'm just saying that the newbies should try to find what they did wrong if they get tempbanned. But some people only join to say 1 thing they've always wanted to say, and then they leave. So it probably doesn't even matter to them if they abide by the rules. But they're forgetting that they can't talk sense into people if they make theirselfs look like idiots.

olo i wuz temp'd

In all seriousness, I actually read the rules before I joined, because clearly, in capital letters, it says, "The rules of the forum. READ THESE FIRST, OR YOU WILL LIKELY BE BANNED WITHOUT REMORSE."

So I did.

Sonic234 said:

I'll Begin said:
I beg your pardon?

Mystic wrote:
2. This forum uses proper English. This means that you should type your posts as if you were going to hand it in to the English teacher. While a little leeway will be given if you are not a native speaker, there are some things that just have no excuse:

Use capitalization rules properly. The first word in a sentence, proper nouns, and “I” are capitalized. Always.

Use punctuation. It’s very hard to read posts with no periods or commas. Put a space after your periods and commas, too.

Use correct spelling. Occasional mistakes are fine (we all make them), but if your post misspells every single word, then that's unacceptable.

Don’t use l33tspeak, internet acronyms (LOL, U, etc.), or text message abbreviations.

Use paragraph breaks. No one wants to read a page of text with no spaces in it at all.

It really hurts me to see people not read the rules when I go to all this trouble to send them these Private Messages in my own spare time.

Isn't that just a little bit harsh?

Examples:

hi i were wondering wat wad are i from germany and i new at englis

Hey, I'M neW heRe and i Just Wanted To saY Hi

How dio yuou adf costom texters in2 da gam

%0 |) |_| |) 3 Z 1Z|\|7 |) 1 Z 1337

thissentence isunacceptableasitincludesonly1spacehowlameisthat

Now, just imagine that for EVERY post that person makes, multiply it by maybe 30 people who do that, and post every day.

Um, huge problem? Not to mention they wouldn't be punished for it.

Segmint said:
hi i were wondering wat wad are i from germany and i new at englis

The sad part is, that would be a bit more tolerable if that were someone new to English. However, 99% of the time, that's not the case. :|

Im not sure what topic my post goes in right now.
For over a month I havent been able to play netgames. Check out the picture.
see that stuff oulined? "timeout on master server", Just what does that mean? Anyway, ive noticed that this happend to some other people also.

It could be because of my dynamic ip adress when i reset my router? could anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back