Trackmania

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck are you talking about, Chisuun. Trackmania has been around for years. They are two totally different games.

Sonict said:
What the heck are you talking about, Chisuun. Trackmania has been around for years. They are two totally different games.

I really don't care anymore. DDR and anything related to it has become obsolete ever since Guitar Hero and Rock Band rolled around.

After playing this i found it very addicting and hope the community will do something with it like run some tournaments or something

Holy Crap, I REALLY got these two games mixed up.
Anyway, looks really fun, but I bet my crappy computer won't be able to run it.

I was able to run TrackMania on an Intel Intergrated 915 card. The framerate was pretty crappy, but if the card is better than that, you should be fine. Also, using the #srb2fun chatroom to set up a TrackMania net game would be great. I would love to get back into it again.

Man. I forgot all about this thread. I am getting back into TrackMania again and trying to get all gold medals. I am slowly making progress. Man, There were a couple of levels that kept pissing me off. At least I got most of those done finally. I still got a level to take care of that is really bugging me atm. Die "DesertB4" Green flag in "Race" category!

Woot. I just finished Gold timing all of the "Green Flag" levels in the "united" > Race catagory. Man, those coast levels pissed me off...

And now for some different news:

I have decided to try and go after MattW_CFI and get all of the Author Medals for "TrackMania: Nations Forever".

Last night, I made progress and got the first five Author medals in the White Flag category and am trying my hardest to get the one on A06, but it eludes me.

However, what is even more amazing is what is in the screenshots even though I didn't get what I needed yet.

TMUF_N_A06_Ontario.PNG

TMUF_N_A06_Canada.PNG

Yeah. I thought I had it :<

Hey, Guys.

No, I haven't passed that level yet, however, I got some other news to show you.

This information is mainly for "Trackmania: United Forever" users since they can only do this.

I have gotten rid of my old manialink placeholder page and have now, finished it up and it is now a full manialink site.

If you don't know what a manialink is, I'll tell you: A manialink is a website that can be opened in Trackmania. If any other web browser were to access the page, the content wouldn't render and all you would see is the source code to the page since manialinks are basically XML files with TM style information.

Here is how you can access it. There are two ways to do this.

1) On the main menu, click "explorer" and type in: Sonict
2) Click the icon to the left of how many coppers you have, you need to point the cursor at the top-right part of the screen to see the bar and then you point to the left part of it.

If you are a TrackMania Nations Forever user, this is much more difficult since you are not allowed to use the feature.

1) Do step 2 from what I said above
2) You have to type in the full url since manialink codes like "Sonict" won't work. Just copy and paste this link: http://sonict.sepwich.com/manialink/home.xml

I have no idea if you can click and navigate to the other links on the site, but I assume you can't.

Here is a screenshot of my homepage:

Sonict_manialink_main2.PNG

Now, since I do want to Time-Attack the levels as well as getting all of the Author medals, Any amount of coppers donated to me would be nice.

There are two ways to do this:

1) In the main menu, you can send me an in-game email with the amount of coppers to donate. My name is "sonict"

2) Go to the manialink browser, type "sonict" and navigate to my donate page, choose an amount, and click the button. (Well, the word on the button) This method only works up to 500 coppers and for every donation, 10% of it has to go to nadeo since that is how it works on manialinks. If you want to donate me more than that, use method one.

Here is what my donate page looks like:

Sonict_manialink_donate1.PNG

If you decide to donate to me, thanks. I will catch up to MattW_CFI one way or another. Time to DIE!

P.S I made a temporary SRB2 manialink page just in case we start to make tracks or something, we could put them up there and then map authors could make some profits off of it.

Here is the current page:

TM_manialink_srb2_WIP1.PNG

I got my hands on TMUF finally thanks to a very special member of this message board, so I'm in on it now.

I got a couple of those author medals while just playing around in the United races. I didn't even know they were there, so I was pretty surprised when I got one more medal after gold. I haven't been able to get any more though. I generally find myself just constantly restarting because of small mistakes that completely screw me up.

Yeah, getting author medals is tough. You just have to keep finding ways of improving your time. Sometimes, I download one of the top ten replays in my area and just see how they do it.

I don't have many author medals for the United Races. Once I deal with the Nations races, then I'll deal with the United ones. Coast is going to kill me though :<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back