• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2:EQ (V0.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latius

Hybrid Kart Mapper/Porter
My first main project that I announced was SRB2:AEQ. But yet I've put that on hold. Insted, you can now play the verry first level of the pequal of that - Sonic Robo Blast 2: Emerald Quest. The full version will span at least 10 levels, where you have to get the Emeralds to make it to the final part. Who knows, you might even unlock another version of the Quest!

ScreenShots:

srb20000.png

MoneyPool near the start!
srb20001.png

srb20002.png

Um... what's the difrent floor for?
srb20003.png

Follow the rings...
srb20004.png

And you will find... ROBOTS?!?
srb20005.png

srb20006.png

srb20007.png

At least I got the emerald...

Link:

http://files.filefront.com/SRB2EQV02wad/;7926135;;/fileinfo.html

Enjoy, and if you think you could come up with a good level to have after that, who knows?

Plus, for the latest news about SRB2:EQ go to http://srbeq.chatango.com. I'll be there!

Adam Hillman.

Now at V0.2 - the first one was V0.1 and the one I added later is V0.1.9

2 words, YUCK (ok, maybe that's one word).

Ok, so you might fall on the useless pathway, but why would you put a red spring to help you get out?

1. Un-deafed rings.
2. Cramped.
3. Short.
4. Why, in the world, did you choose that floor with GFZ rock?
5. So... Why would you put an emerald in plain site at the end? It's not even hidden, and it's an emerald not an emerald token.

Next time practice before you post something. And get good textures.

Edit: I didn't see any enemies. If you want the level to at-least be challenging put enemies in it.

If you're shooting for ten levels of this quality, think again. Try to put all your effort into one, decent level that we can all enjoy.

It's designed that you get it right at the end - the emeralds are KEY to getting through the game

Blue Zero, this is only a test map. Besides, when it comes to the next levels, I'm going to make it more intresting. It's designed to start off like that so that newcommers can get to grips with the game. And you forgot about the bots at the end.

You forget that levels should be designed like GFZ to intriduce the player to your game, not something littered with deathpits such as a final zone....

...or Gelespious mountain.

I've read that - it's just my first attempt at mapmaking. I'm not that used to the mapmaker.

ah2190 said:
It's designed to start off like that so that newcommers can get to grips with the game.

If you desighn this for n00bs, n00bs are all you're going to get. Most of the community is made up of people who can jump.

I give this a 1/10. Why:

1) No thok barrier.
2) Ugly.
3) Undeafed rings.
4) Bad thing placemaent.
5) No breathing room.
6) Missing textures.
7) Pathetically easy.
8) The name "buggers up" at level start.

Ok, so you give my first attempt a 1/10. I was making another, but that buggered up.

If you played in OpenGL, there would be redwall.

Regardless, they are still missing textures that need to be fixed.

Maybe you could send me a link for the buggy zone (if you still have it). I'm good at fixing bugged up zones.

UPDATE! The second level has been made - test it out along with the first map (Now bug-free... I think.) HERE

There were a *few* bugs I forgot to fix... I was too eager to send you the file at the time when I fixed about... 85% of them. (BTW, theres no springs in one important part of the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back