[Open Assets] Expanded Thin Font

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden

local source code mangler
Have you ever got frustrated that the thin font doesn't supply lowercase characters? How about the lack of certain special characters? Just browsing Releases and have nothing to do? Then this WAD is for you!

This WAD adds graphics for lowercase characters and special characters so that the thin font is "complete."

Here is a preview of all the font's characters!

attachment.php

The functionality for this to work was already built in; All I had to do was to supply graphics for the characters not already supplied by srb2.srb. You can do this with any character in ASCII, by using STCFNXXX for the standard, wide font, TNYFNXXX for the thin font, and LTFNTXXX for zone title cards, XXX being a number from 0 - 999.

Special Thanks to Steel Titanium and Monster Iestyn for showing me that this exists and how it would work.

Attachments

• expandedthinfont-v3.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 439
  • srb20125.png
    srb20125.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 3,192
Last edited:
I plan only to add more characters to the font; I don't plan on changing the numbers. That's why I explicitly allowed reusing or reproducing the mod.

I've updated the WAD's 's' graphic to be less.. bad. Download the latest version in the original post!

I updated the 'y' and 'z' characters to be better quality and the '/' and ':' to be more consistent. Download the latest version in the original post!
(Due to these changes this version is different than the one packaged in patch.dta of 2.1.22. Download this one for the above updates. Do not replace your patch.dta.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back