• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Christmas (CHRISTMAS.WAD) Another Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Ninja

Ok, this is early, but it is one of my best mods yet. It is unfinished, and I do have some levels to go, but I'm currently releasing it because I need to know of any major, or minor problems. I also want to know how the finished thing will go over with everyone else.
EDIT: Four levels converted, and new sprites added.
(New) Title.
Green Crawla.
Present (Item Box).
Open Present.
eggmanpresentel4.gif
Eggman's Present (Eggman Box).
Intermission screen.
Trees.
Snow borders.

Icy flowerbud.
Icy sunflower.
Snowball.
The hanging star.
Download

Meh, just playing in Christmas Mode looks better.

Unless you are planning on adding some custom levels and the like, there is no sense in replicating a graphics replacement that has already been created.

I do realize that this is slightly different than when you just add 3drend.dll, but the actual Christmas Mode looks better than your graphic replacements in my humble opinion.

I plan on making new levels, and converting some older levels. I may end up just converting old levels though.

Well, I played them, and I thought they were kind of fun, allthough Eggman was kind of annoying. Around 30 enemies, and Eggman fires 3 shots at a time. I do want to put those levels in it. I would put newer ones, but there aren't any.
About that 3drend.dll thing, mine makes Christmas presents, and Christmasie Crawlas

I don't see any sense in making another christmas wad, when the one we already have is just fine. The only thing I can think of is if your maps look ugly in Christmas mode, and you'd need to fix that.

Nuclear Sunset comes to mind.

My reason is, I want to make new things, and new objects. I want to revive old levels, and old enemies. I want to do more than the basic 3drender.dll

The revival is what these levels need. I'm bringing back the old levels for those that liked the level, and for those that want to try it, but never could. I'm going to make 2 versions. One with these levels, and one without.

Well I already revived the Christmas Demo Levels last year and I intend it rerelease them again this year too, but this time with 2 lost badniks known as the Drilla and the Egghead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back