New Nintendo HD Console "Wii U"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall, I think it as an "addon" to the original Wii (more powerful, and a Wiimote with a twist, but nothing more I guess) almost like Kinect was for Xbox.
Except the Kinect didn't give the Xbox a hardware and possibly a UI update.
Well, they are updating the Xbox dashboard to make it compatible with Kinect(So you don't have to launch a new dashboard just for the Kinect), but still.

...There are no wires whatsoever. Aside from the System to the TV and the outlet of course.

I think he meant the Plug and Charge kit for the Wii U.

I think Nintendo finally realized that they need a more powerful console to stand up against PS3, PS Vito and Xbox 360

I think Nintendo finally realized that they need a more powerful console to stand up against PS3, PS Vito and Xbox 360
Except the Wii U is most likely not trying to compete with this generation consoles and more likely to compete with next generation consoles?

But the thing is to beat the previous ones, because idk how Nintendo would exactly know what Microsoft or Sony is planning.

What I think Nintendo needs to beat is trying to get good enough circular modeling in their games. I think we all noticed this before..
240px-Doo.jpg

Ocarina3DS.2-300x180.jpg

Otherwise, I always have high expectations from Nintendo, they never really seem to disappoint me. Also, the controller for the Wii-U looks like a Game Gear.

Last edited:
ahhhh... I remember a time when Playstation was big on that; now look at it!
Compared to GPU the Wii has, Wii U's Radeon HD should beat the Sh*t out of it! Now I don't really know much about the CPU, but it is bound to be better.
BTW: Brawl kinda demonstrates circular modeling at some extent. Look at Bowser for example.

"addon" <-- "" (quotes)...

It is not exactly an addon, you're right, but the way it is SOOOO similar to the Wii(it's not ENTIRELY a new system compared to Gamecube and the Wii) makes it act as an "addon" for the Wii even though nothing physically is added to the Wii; faster processing and a new WiiUmote. I'm pretty sure with some heavy mods to the original Wii, it would work similiar to the WiiU. Get my point?

Side Question: Is the Wiimote compatible with the WiiU? It should still use bluetooth to connect, and have about similar controls; If yes, that advances the "addon" thing.

Get my point?
No.

It's not an incremental upgrade, this is an entire generation above the Wii (albeit maybe not the 360/PS3). That it just happens to use Wii controllers as well is meaningless. You can use PS1 controllers on the PS2, does that make the PS2 an add-on for the PS1? Of course not.

It also looks like it might allow for 5-player gameplay as well. Anyway, Sony is still reeling from the PSN crash, and Kinect has only started to produce games with a shred of quality to them. I wouldn't worry too much about Nintendo. Even if they still won't make Wiis able to play DVDs.

I still think Nintendo copied others this time, this is pretty much a PSP with iTouch features, seriously, remote play and touch screens aren't anything new.

If it's more powerful than the 360, then I'll buy consider it.

But I still think the whole "Touchscreen on the remote" idea is kind of corny.

I under stand having a screen on the remote to play the game from the console would be cool but I don`t think it should be a touchscreen.

(1 minute of thinking later)

Maybe they added the touchscreen because of how wii games are controlled. Like if you have a game where you have to swing the wii remote to do a certain action they would have you slide across or down the touch screen to do that same action. Either that or they just added the touch screen to be fancy and I wasted 1 minute thinking about that whole thing.

Don't know where, but heard rumors that the Dreamcast 2 is on development, I really doubt it's true, altrough for this new generation it's impossible to know what's gonna come up.

You probably get it from some guy on youtube named Dreamcast2012 or something like that. He claimed the Dreamcast 2 will come on 12/12/12 but Years ago there was account named Dreamcast2009 claiming the Dreamcast 2 to come out on 9/9/09. Unfortunately a lot of people believed him like end of the world people last may.

Prof that the 2009 was fake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOmBJ5QV0F4&feature=related

I don't know about 2012 though

Last edited:
You probably get it from some guy on youtube named Dreamcast2012 or something like that. He claimed the Dreamcast 2 will come on 12/12/12 but Years ago there was account named Dreamcast2009 claiming the Dreamcast 2 to come out on 9/9/09. Unfortunately a lot of people believed him like end of the world people last may.

If he lied in 2009 what makes you think 2012 would be any different

Apparently a lot of people do, and I am not going to disagree because I don't want people to be in my face when it does magically happen. The only thing hardware things that Sega are working on are Ringedge and Ringwide. Sega is out of the question because they are arcade boards, so the Nintendo U is basically the only news we know about the next generation.

By the way, I just noticed that "Sega" is in the spell checker dictionary. hmm

I'm not gonna fall for that because i know it not real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back