CrawlaCraft, SRB2 Minecraft Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
First off, if you don't know what Minecraft is, get out from under your rock and educate thyself.

CrawlaCraft is the community's own little Minecraft server, we currently run the latest Minecraft and Bukkit builds as well as a handful of plugins to make your playing experience better.

Rules on CrawlaCraft are pretty fair, we don't restrict you too much:
1.) Don't go stealing other people's stuff. The only scenario where this would be otherwise is when someone is permanently banned from the server, at which point their belongings become a free for all. Please ask Cue about this before though, just in case you're wrong about their ban.

2.) Don't go blowing up and breaking other people's blocks. Seriously, I can easily track anything you do on here and will ban anyone who starts blowing up houses (incidentally, I can also track who opens chests).

3.) Don't grief. Basically, don't start burning people, blowing them up or pushing them off high edges.

4.) Don't let the mobs in. Newleaf City is the main location on the map, and we have worked hard to make sure mobs don't spawn in there. This means making sure you put lighting on top of your buildings (and any other dark spots), and not leaving doors open.

5.) Follow the rules of the city. Lots (places in the city) are given to people by the city management, when we run out of lots we build further, we just finished extending the city to over double its size so we have quite a large number of lots now.

6.) Please listen to the staff. We are here to keep the server in order, please listen to us:

Admins:

Cue
ShadowHog

Moderators:
Boinciel
JTE
Playah

We have a variety of plugins in place to prevent your playing experience from being ruined, including BigBrother which allows us to track every block you place or destroy, so if someone is being out of order, we'll know about it to the exact time and date!

You will need to ask an administrator/moderator to add you to the build list, otherwise you will not be able to build or use chests, etc.

We'll also be implementing iConomy and NPCs soon, so you will soon find NPCs dotted around the map who will talk to you.

Finally, to join our server, open up Minecraft and enter this as the address to join:
refuge.srb2.org

Our IRC channel can be found in #SRB2MineCraft on the EsperNet network.

Any questions please post in the thread or contact a member of management.

- Cue out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well whenever I join, the server lags more than it used to, so that sucks. But it's decent, well, decent as it was before cause it's nearly exactly the same. :\

I think it's now officially time to carve Green Flower Zone (the actual level) into the ground near Newleaf City.

You go to this website, log in (or if you don't have the game, BUY IT), go into Play Minecraft in Browser and let it load. Once you're at the main screen, hit Multiplayer and type into the upcoming box "refuge.srb2.org" (without quotes). You should connect automatically, although if it's been some time, then it lags slightly a bit, but it eventually evens out. It's quite simple. But the big thing is you need Minecraft Beta.

Edit: Problem was fixed

The server is great, can't wait to be able to be an actual builder.

Last edited:
Oh yay, now it has an official topic. xD Hallo, peoples.

I had to log on at midnight GMT, didn't I? D: Not only is it midnight at my time, but it was midnight at Cue's too (unexpected), so I couldn't get verified for a while...

Is this a 24/7 server that's always online? If it is, how come I can't connect? If not, then the server is down, which makes sense.

Maybe I'll log on just to see this, by the way...

Since you can track placed/removed blocks, does this mean we can't go mine underground for ores and stuff? This is pretty much all I do on most servers, really. *Well... I might build something, but it depends on where I can build it without getting yelled at.*

Maybe I'll log on just to see this, by the way...

Since you can track placed/removed blocks, does this mean we can't go mine underground for ores and stuff? This is pretty much all I do on most servers, really. *Well... I might build something, but it depends on where I can build it without getting yelled at.*

The tracking is simply to stop people destroying houses, obviously you can mine otherwise you can't do anything.

Nero: I recommend downloading the client, it's faster than running it in your browser.

Edit: How come every time I post in this topic about a problem I'm having with online stuff and connecting to this server, seconds after I post it, it starts working?

The tracking is simply to stop people destroying houses, obviously you can mine otherwise you can't do anything.

Oh, alright, I wanted to make sure.

I do know a certain user whom likes to steal stuff if I recall in here, not mentioning any names though.

Now then... *Attempts to log in.*

Can we use spare tools such as a Diamond Pickaxe or do we gotta find it yourself? *Even thought I know the answer will be no, no more easy ways this time.*

Nero: I recommend downloading the client, it's faster than running it in your browser.

Just throwing this out there, but Java can actually crash if you don't have 7 Ultimate or up, so if that happens, use the browser version as it will never crash (except when joining, only if you navigate away from that).

Just throwing this out there, but Java can actually crash if you don't have 7 Ultimate or up, so if that happens, use the browser version as it will never crash (except when joining, only if you navigate away from that).

False. 7 Ultimate is the top one for starters, second there's very little difference between them and I know people running it down on Vista Home Edition. Minecraft just crashes in general.

Sorry, not Ultimate, bleah what am I saying. I meant professional with its XP compatibility. I find if I run it in browser, in crashes less than using it in its client mode, maybe due to the client version's unstableness through Vista.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is that is that the client crashes more often on computers that don't have XP compatability. I'm not saying it doesn't run or anything.

Last edited:
Small FYI about New Leaf city, there seems to be a lot of empty/unused lots, some of witch seem to be spawning monsters, I would like for some help trying to find where they are spawning from seeing I can't seem to find it yet.

Just thought I'd announce the new fort I built a ways out there: Castle Chaos. Coordinates are approximately (-397, 64, -163), and regardless of what you think, the name is after the Chaos Emeralds, not myself.

Front:
castlefront.png

A sturdy anti-creeper shell made of stone previously occupying the 3rd floor.
Inside the first door is a Public Miscellaneous Junk Chest. Inside the second, inner door...

First Floor:
castlefloor1.png

To the right you see a Crafting Table and Furnace tucked inside the wall and in the corner. Embedded in the floor on the left you see my personal Chest (labeled as such). The two above-ground chests are Public Use. Left is for Blocks, right for Tools.

The ceiling should probably be Stone too, and not Dirt, but I ran out making the entryway secure against Creeper attacks.
Second Floor:

castlefloor2.png

Far door is entrance to a cave I have yet to delve far into due to lack of torches. Don't dig upwards in there until after the Cobblestone ends, else you'll just come out at the entryway.

There is a totally empty 3rd floor, but only because I needed the stone from the excavation to build the defensive shell of the entrance. All three floors have almost the same dimensions. If you wish to expand them, however, dig next to the stairs, lest you subject the Castle to mobs emanating from the cave.

Edit - 2/13/11:
Castle FORT Chaos is no with a (mostly) lit path back to Newleaf. Turns out I was heading in the wrong direction, anyway! x_x
Just follow this map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back