• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Blade's Character Topic (Current Project : Metal Sonic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Get a load of THIS!!
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
This topic is for the characters I'm working on, even though I should be working on a certain level pack. My current project it revamping my Metal Sonic wad.
msspin.gif
- Rotation
naahah.gif
naahahback.gif
- Waiting
msrechar.png
- Character Select
Animation ideas for walking and running would be nice. I'm gonna try to do more than just move the sprite up a pixel or two. Ability ideas would also be nice, though double jump works too.

well.. can you give me the video? =P
no... actually I think it's cool ..
I'm looking forward for it...!
The color's shiny.. and .. well.. the waiting image is.. uh.... cute.. =3

Nice. Ability don't matter. Try homing attack? Make him shiny and fly for a run. And then for walk have him do a little walk with fast acceleration.

WHY do always people want Homming Attack ? I think SOCed ability like on Senku would be a good idea, but I don't know what type of ability. Custom fly or flight maybe ?

Off topic: Is there a way to change his MB nickname ?

Last edited:
Well I think he should walk, like with his feet, with a fast Acceration, like SA2B.

I really don't know anything about what kinds of abilities are possible, since I have never SOC'ed. I don't play with characters other than the originals either...
But, would a ground thok that causes damage be possible? And would it be too cheap?
In order to get distance players could ground thok into a jump, rather than the usual jump into thok.

Also, your sprites look wonderful!

I think either Super Sonic Float or Slow Descent would work well as far as vanilla abilities go.

What's the difference between "Vanilla" SRB2 and normal SRB2? I keep hearing about Vanilla, but I don't know what it is.

EDIT:
Also, how'd you get him to look so realistically shiny? Did you look at that 6" Metal Sonic Figure?

Last edited:
What's the difference between "Vanilla" SRB2 and normal SRB2? I keep hearing about Vanilla, but I don't know what it is.
Vanilla means unmodified, so vanilla SRB2 = normal SRB2.

And Blade, you are quite possibly the best spriter in this community, in my opinion. These sprites are increndibly great, and the character select pic looks almost photo-realistic.

EDIT:
Also, how'd you get him to look so realistically shiny? Did you look at that 6" Metal Sonic Figure?

10", not 6". :P Though, yes, that is what my base is, though, I left out some details (Like the exta lower body section and some shoe details) to make it look a tad more classic.

I also finished his death sprite. Shading might need work, though.
msdeath.png

I also finished his death sprite. Shading might need work, though.
msdeath.png
True, his muzzle and his shoes need some work. The silver looks more like gray skin than silver. It's not shiny enough.

EDIT: Also, I noticed that he goes from floating to standing when he's waiting. Is that to give his systems a rest, or is that just an oversight?

Last edited:
52526815.png

This is how I think the walking and running sprites should be, in my opinion. Otherwise, really loving the work so far, as I always have. :P

The death sprite looks too much like the one from the sprite sheet version on MFZ. also, I think a good running sprite would be the usual, but maybe make the flame look realistic.

The death sprite looks too much like the one from the sprite sheet version on MFZ. also, I think a good running sprite would be the usual, but maybe make the flame look realistic.

Which actually was seen in Sonic CD when you beat him

I never said it wasn't in a game. I said it looked like the one on the sprite sheet of Metal Sonic on the Mystical Forest Zone.

That was the idea, actually. Speaking of the death frame, I touched it up a tad.
msdeath.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back