Master Server Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it only appears on yours. It is a command used in Doom Builder, for making things talk and stuff.

Man, they should have made it put it on everyone's screen.

Came up with new rule! Sa-city is not allowed on the master server.
You should be warned. If you are caught playing Sa-city, you will be banned. If you want to play Sa-city, don't advertise on the internet at all and find some way to give people your ip address.

Don't make levels as bad as this.

Argh!

I don't get why you think SA-City is a wad. It isn't. It's part of SRB2JTE. It's not an individual map. You need the SRB2JTE exe to play it properly, and even then, it's not done.

That's why I rename my wads to other stuff, so people don't think they can add 'em. :roll: SRB2JTE.wad should've been called SRB2JTE.jte, or to be more convincing, SRB2JTE.DLL

Shuffle said:
That's why I rename my wads to other stuff, so people don't think they can add 'em. :roll: SRB2JTE.wad should've been called SRB2JTE.jte, or to be more convincing, SRB2JTE.DLL
Take note, Jason.

Some do that, and others request for wads, a different mode like CTf when you're on Co-op, and they spam when they are more than 4 people around, making the servers lag. And, to make sure everyone reads this, SRB2 can not have Dial-up users playing in netgames. It's just common sense.

Silver360 said:
I'm really going to miss those hangout servers.I remeber when me and my friends did the buttracing glitch in SA City Zone.Good times, good times.

Buttracing glitch? TELL ME ABOUT IT!... :D

Well, I think I was the first to do it, because no one else did it.

You make Tails get stuck in an area to small to stand in, but big enough tp spin in. You just hit him with a ring.

My glitches are popular.

Does this break a rule of the master server? Because I ensure that my server follows the rules.

This mode was <COOP>.
Some of the players stay in one place, maybe waiting for someone to get a special stage token, finding the chao emerald,or tiggering the mystic temple? Because they wait for me to do it =P.(Not all do, some help,Some stay near the exit,waiting...

I see anyone breaking the rules of the master server on my hositng sevrer and I kick them.

Sunday, a nOOb messed up my netgame(trying to get all the chaos emeralds in the 2nd quest of mystic realm.)*Had to restart all the way back,we were on Zone7-2 with 6 emeralds and then he came and messed it up.(we didn't tigger the mystic temple and he just ends the stage.And he spammed so much it lagged.) and I tryed to kick him but it wouldn't work.(I am the host of the server ya know, and I didn't verify anyone to be an adim.)
What do I type to kick or ban players from my server?

Kick playername or Ban playername.

As for waiting at the end for someone to activate Mystic Temples/get tokens, that sounds perfectly acceptable. Basically, that's the essence of co-op. If people can't get the emerald tokens/Mystic Temples, they can wait at the end and watch someone who can. Co-op doesn't necessarily mean beating it once you reach the end.

Dark Warrior said:
Kick playername or Ban playername.

As for waiting at the end for someone to activate Mystic Temples/get tokens, that sounds perfectly acceptable. Basically, that's the essence of co-op. If people can't get the emerald tokens/Mystic Temples, they can wait at the end and watch someone who can. Co-op doesn't necessarily mean beating it once you reach the end.

Problem is, they always finish BEFORE you're coming to the finish. And that murders the whole good feeling of having done a level together. I'd rather want them to just kill some robots and collect rings while I'm gone for the buttons, and then finishing together later when I've pressed 'em all.

A question: if you host an rpg, rp, ect on master server and get X number of players and then take off master server, Will you still get banned?

Mettalix said:
A question: if you host an rpg, rp, ect on master server and get X number of players and then take off master server, Will you still get banned?
Yes. RP servers are against master server rules. Period.

Can you do a teaching server? Like you basically teach people the controls, how to thok, where thye chaos emerald tokens are and what to do in the emerald stages. You would still be completing levels just at a very slow pase so people can get better at the game.

Generally, the only reson people are bad at netgames is C-lag. If they don't currently know how to play, they will soon. SRB2 is easy to pick-up and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back