Official Level Design Contest: July/August

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll sit this one out as well. (Reason : Procrastination to the point of not working on it at all.)

I have dozens of half-completed maps on my hard drive, all I'll need to do is finish some of them off and send 'em.

If I can remember what I was going to do with them when I first made them...

L'see... There's Floodwater Forest, Lightspeed park, Lunchtime zone, Ice rink, Ice lake, Campfire chaos (Coop), Campfire chaos (match)... uh... Nukewars SOC (:twisted:), The Unnamed Swimmy Test, Chaos Arena, Checkerfield Chaos, KnuxFlight Height Contest, Cabin Fever Cruise (actually, this was part of Sylvan Island), Dogfight Ridge, forest lake, mars zone, Space Duel, Space Base... Good Grief!... Tornado Terror, Waters Of Doom, WinCrash98, Wind tunnel, Egyptian Circut, Planetary Panic, Open Prarie, Skyway highway, Sled ride... That's all that I can find.

Wow... Too bad that most of these were made when I just first started wadding, so they all pretty much... stink.

I have plenty of unfinished maps on my hard drive, 4/5 of which consist of only a thok barrier.

My level is just about done now, all I need is to add the scenery and rings. 1 question though. I know that adding textures to a match entry isnt allowed, but can mine be an exception? The only thing I wanna change is the color of the Mario Box from yellow to red. No big deal, it would only look much nicer.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
My level is just about done now, all I need is to add the scenery and rings. 1 question though. I know that adding textures to a match entry isnt allowed, but can mine be an exception? The only thing I wanna change is the color of the Mario Box from yellow to red. No big deal, it would only look much nicer.
No, there are no exceptions to that rule. Not for you, not for me, not for some random n00b with a typing issue.

If I granted exceptions, it wouldn't be much of a rule, would it?

The main reason for that rule is that it makes compilation a LOT easier.

You can always use a fogblock or colormap or something to change the color of the block.

Shuf's right. If you want a different color, there are ways around that without using new textures.

Well when I put the colormap at the top, it changes whatever comes out of the block. If I put it in the middle, it doesnt change anything. And I didnt bother with putting it in the bottom. I better leave it as it is, I'll just get stuck just like I did for Metal Sonic's jet fire.

Insanity Planet's just about finished.
Just gotta deal with start point placement and other odds and ends and it'll be in Mystic's E-mailbox by the end of the night.

I wonder how you people will respond to the wierdness...

Well, when i first played it on IRC, it was preety good.
But you have no chance against KOTH! :P
But hey, may the best map win :)

The reason why my map was sent in so early was because when I (re)joined this community, this was just starting, by the time I (re)joined I had already made a few good DM maps but never submitted them so I just picked out my best one and sent it, what better way for it to get attention? :P

Though, honestly, I doubt it'll actually WIN, since it's too small. :oops: At least in my opinion. I hope the other maps are better than mine really. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back