New Bug Reports System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
Posted by Cue on 02-22-2011 06:29 PM.

Hey guys!
The bug reports system has just been through a major overhaul, we are now using a version of vBulletin Project Tools for version 3.8, this allows us to better manage the bugs you report, and better management means quicker fixing!
Not only can you now report SRB2 bugs via the Project Tools system, you can also report bugs and give feature suggestions for the Master Server, Website and Message Board!
Please be aware that the suggestions thread for SRB2 is still in place and will stay in place for the foreseeable future.
Report your bugs in SRB2 here (reverted back to old system)

Suggest features for SRB2 here

Report your bugs and suggest features for the Master Server here

Report your bugs and suggest features for the Message Board and Website here
UPDATE: Due to a few issues with the system, we have moved back to using the Bug Reports forum for Bug Reports for SRB2. You may still use the Project Tools system to submit bugs and features for both the Master Server and the Message Board/Website.
More...

Last edited:
Intertsing indeed! Hopefully this means we'll see more suggested stuff in future versions of SRB2... Only good suggestions though, not "SCOPE RAIL RING" stuff.

Neat. I've been wondering why the project system wasn't being used. :P

Also, great to have a place to report bugs for the site and MS, so I no longer have to bug the staff over IRC when I find something wrong. ;)

Why is the bug reports forum for SRB2 off by itself? It should get lumped in with this new system.

Nope, it was decided by some that it was no more useful than the old system, I insisted on keeping the MS and Site stuff though.

Nope, it was decided by some [from Mount Olympus] that it was no more useful than the old system, I insisted on keeping the MS and Site stuff though.
Yes, the traditional system is as useful as the new one. I was about to post "Why to use something sophisticated and that looks more professional?". But anyway, you guys know what is better for us. ^_^

Last edited:
Yes, the traditional system is as useful as the new one. I was about to post "Why to use something sophisticated and that looks more professional?". But anyway, you guys know what is better for us. ^_^

It's more that because of how we handle SRB2's bug reports, none of the functionality added by project tools would actually get used; in the end, it would just amount to a UI change and added workload for transferring information to the new system. That, and no more icons for bug status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back