• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

fickle hearts and other parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks more overpowered in isolation. The thing is, the game normally moves so quickly that Tails is going to have a hard time getting in contact with the ball. Flying makes that harder still, since he moves slower, so I figure letting him carry the ball (until someone knocks it out of his hands) should work fine. If I get a test netgame going and it turns out the only viable strategy is to switch to Tails and fly the ball to the goal, then I'll look at nerfing it somehow.

There's no such thing as cheating if there's no referee there to tell you what not to do

I'm more concerned about Knuckles, tbh. Plowing through others basically whenever you want (the only stipulations being you have to glide and they have flashing time) could end up way too strong. I'll definitely need to test that a bunch, to see whether Sonic players can juke around him effectively enough.

Last edited:
Weird idea, if this Soccer/Football mode works, could this revive Hockey mode too?
(ok before anyone jumps on me for asking, I'm only asking because it looks functionally possible)

That looks really neat!
Is the crosshair on the ball here to autoaim it with Team Rings or is it just here to tell you the ball actually exists?

It's called thokker and it's a blast to play, ngl. I'm thinking the Knuckles Plough might break Mystic's Golden Gametype Rule, but the Tails carrying isn't actually much different than how it played yesterday, with the ball just being a little more difficult to grab. I would recommend a speed nerf to Tails flying while holding the ball, though. When you forced Tails on, we had difficulty keeping up with any Tails player who's bouncing the ball on their head in the sky.

Also yeah the crosshair was just for ball tracking through solid material, and a hockey mode would just be this with the ball staying on the floor and the maps being flat, so no thanks.

Last edited:
I think there was on a previous version's Custom exe, witch if I remember right inspired Rolly Polly putt.

XSRB2 did in fact have golf mode, and I'd like to port it to a Lua-scripted addon some day if I find the time between all my other projects!

7X23lZe.png

Don't say I don't love you guys. Except you, Iceman. I just tolerate you. ♥

Is that an FOF slope? That isn't just some sort of midtexture trickery is it? Is this going to be the same game when you're done with it?

WOO everything is great i love you red

Polyobjects will never have slopes, but other than that I don't think there's anything left for mapping features. Maybe less glitchy sector escaping for Polyobjects? I dunno, man. You're too good. SRB2 is free from its curse, and in the space of one and a bit years is now the most advanced DooM engine modification. Congration.

Introducing underwater vision, without water.
gg red, now I want to see how in the fuck ERZ is gonna look like in 2.2.

EDIT: You forgot to mention the fucked up moving slope in the background!
I knew you were a lie, Red!

Last edited:
If someone had told me 5 years ago that things like this will be possible in SRB2, I would've called that person crazy. Seriously, great job. You're awesome!

Nothing has ever been impossible, until now no one knew exactly how to code these things, or just plain didn't want to. We COULD have working loops and wall running, it's just not worth the extra effort for such a little thing.

The year is 20XX, and Mystic (aged 54) announces that ERZ2 is being remade from scratch to be up to the game's current standards.

The year is 20XX, and Mystic (aged 54) announces that ERZ2 is being remade from scratch to be up to the game's current standards.

Dont worry guys, if we can get Mystics current age, and caculate the difference, we can figure out the mystery of what XX is!

All that's left is to time travel back to the 1.08/1.09 days, share these, and laugh at the reactions.

Seriously, these are impressive. Doing what has previously only been done in OpenGL is amazing enough, but they just fit in the game incredibly well, from the screenshots at least.

Dont worry guys, if we can get Mystics current age, and caculate the difference, we can figure out the mystery of what XX is!

I estimate XX to be 39, since Mystic is currently 30, and 54-30 = 24, and 15 + 24 = 39.

Therefore, 20XX is clearly 2039. Brace yourselves guys, Dr. Light and Dr. Wily are among our generation as we speak. B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back