• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Roach's endless sprite parade

One thing is certain. Even if I wanted to, making a signpost for Super Sonic would be completely pointless, since when you finish the stage, Super Sonic instantly turns back to normal, making it impossible for a Super Sonic signpost to even appear.

And the 1up monitor icon is also unedited. Mainly because Super Sonic's spines are very spread out, and the life monitor icon is too tiny to begin with, which makes it far too much of a minor detail to deal with. It's more pointless than editing the spinning sprites for Super Sonic (yes, those are unedited for this remake).

One thing is certain. Even if I wanted to, making a signpost for Super Sonic would be completely pointless, since when you finish the stage, Super Sonic instantly turns back to normal, making it impossible for a Super Sonic signpost to even appear.

And the 1up monitor icon is also unedited. Mainly because Super Sonic's spines are very spread out, and the life monitor icon is too tiny to begin with, which makes it far too much of a minor detail to deal with. It's more pointless than editing the spinning sprites for Super Sonic (yes, those are unedited for this remake).

That's pretty much what I said.

I don't mind if he gets spring and/or falling sprites; it makes it a bit like Sonic 2, how some (relatively) minor sprites were simply palette-cycled versions of the plain sprites.

Plus it's already a pain to fit in more sprites into Vanilla, because last I checked we're running low on ASCII letters we can have for sprite names and I don't think we want SRB2 Rider's method of using stuff such as Greek letters for sprite naming in Vanilla.

(Before you read this I want to say that I've been out for a few days, so this is the first time I get to see these posts.)

Holy cow, it's Christmas. I gotta say, this is by far and away the BEST Super Sonic sprites and concept that anyone has ever implemented into SRB2. It has EVERYTHING that a proper Classic Super Sonic should have:

-Lots of Spikes in the Hair - Check!
-Glowy look - Check!
-Angry looking eyes - Check!
-Standing and walking frames - OH F*CK ME; CHECK!

Seriously, this is completly awesome. I honestly doubt that this isn't going to be added. I mean, come on guys! Standing and Walking frames for Super Sonic!! How awesome is that?! Also he looks more like the original games.

MotorRoach... (Creepy Ellis voice) i love you.

Plus it's already a pain to fit in more sprites into Vanilla, because last I checked we're running low on ASCII letters we can have for sprite names and I don't think we want SRB2 Rider's method of using stuff such as Greek letters for sprite naming in Vanilla.

Could always use the rosy method, with multiple sprite names.

(Before you read this I want to say that I've been out for a few days, so this is the first time I get to see these posts.)

Holy cow, it's Christmas. I gotta say, this is by far and away the BEST Super Sonic sprites and concept that anyone has ever implemented into SRB2. It has EVERYTHING that a proper Classic Super Sonic should have:

-Lots of Spikes in the Hair - Check!
-Glowy look - Check!
-Angry looking eyes - Check!
-Standing and walking frames - OH F*CK ME; CHECK!

Seriously, this is completly awesome. I honestly doubt that this isn't going to be added. I mean, come on guys! Standing and Walking frames for Super Sonic!! How awesome is that?! Also he looks more like the original games.

MotorRoach... (Creepy Ellis voice) i love you.

Good job on making me laugh my pants off, Zero.

9YZw6aB.png

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quick question: Does Super Sonic glows yellow to light yellow, instead of dark yellow, yellow to light yellow?

Last edited:
O_O Is he close to being done, Motor? :)

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Gonna start calling you Motorola, because why not?

Everybody board the Hype train, I'm driving. *crashes*

Epic Super Sonic, just Epic. I'm going crazy with this remake.
The long wait is almost over. The payoff is one of the best. GG MotorRoach. GG.
Keep up the awesome work man!

(Out of topic: I seriously spent an hour flicking though your amazing spriting. They look so beautiful they hurt. Somebody call an ambulance.)

Everybody board the Hype train, I'm driving. *crashes*

Epic Super Sonic, just Epic. I'm going crazy with this remake.
The long wait is almost over. The payoff is one of the best. GG MotorRoach. GG.
Keep up the awesome work man!

(Out of topic: I seriously spent an hour flicking though your amazing spriting. They look so beautiful they hurt. Somebody call an ambulance.)

You mean the Hyper Sonic train? :]

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

See what I did there?

Quick question: Does Super Sonic glows yellow to light yellow, instead of dark yellow, yellow to light yellow?

I can confirm one thing, that I did not change the way the Super palette works. I believe I'd have to change the way some of the palette of the game works, but I'm not too sure what would be the best thing to do with it, so I'm leaving that untouched for now.

I've noticed that most of your comments in this thread recently had to do with asking what Super Sonic has of new, rather than commenting on what's being shown. I'm not going to spoil every surprise I have made for Super Sonic, so don't expect more screenshots out of asking about him like that. It gets annoying at some point.

Detail in what fashion? It's pretty accurate to the original style both in terms of SSN's art and classic Sonic, and lacks nothing from those designs that I can see.

Unless you expand on the silly notion of there needing to be more detail, your opinion is worthless.

EDIT: so there used to be the silliest post right here by Rhsdaspy.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back