Circuit Map Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crüsäder

Yeah, I was trying to make a circuit map, but as soon as I cross the start line it ends. What exactly is wrong with it?

There needs to be at least one checkpoint in the level. Without one, here's what the game's thinking:

Ok, he's in the finish line sector, has he hit all the checkpoints? Yup, give him a lap, and unhit all the checkpoints. What's that? No checkpoints to hit? No matter, just keep going.
One 35th of a second later.
Ok, he's in the finish line sector, has he hit all the checkpoints? Yup, give him a lap, and unhit all the checkpoints. What's that? No checkpoints to hit? No matter, just keep going.
One 35th of a second later.

And keeps doing that until;
Ok, he's in the finish line sector, has he hit all the checkpoints? Yup, give him a lap. What's this? He has all the laps he needs to win? Well end the level then!

You have to screw with the bitsets to tell it which order they go in. Don't ask me how, ask the Wiki.. it might know.

It's pretty simple. Just pull up the thing properties, and enter directly into the flags box. It says "flags value" right next to it. Your first would be 0, then 1, then 2, and so on.

And why a tutorial? It's one of the simplist things. Maybe an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back