[Open Assets] Project DAMN (Previously D00D64's Junk)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this level pack looks fun. =P

Super virus shield please. O.o

Why is Eggy shooting bombs?

srb20000.png

Because the Cloud Cradle boss is just a better Eggmobile, so I though I'd just replace him entirely.

So, apparently, Mystic wanted the Armageddon Shield to be a Supernatural Border as well, at some point.

[21:59] <@Mystic> There was a request to make a mockup of what it would look like in-game
[21:59] <@Mystic> You essentially just did so
[21:59] <D00D64> Well, mock-up ya got :P

:3

Anyway, onto business.

VERSION 1.03 is out!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mdkyzzmydjq

Changes include:

*More GFX changes

*Sunset Town added

It's a minor-ish update, but an update none-the-less. So go on, take it!

EDIT: Shoot, I forgot to give Sunset Town a level select pic. I took it, I just didn't add it :P
Ah well, I'll just change it now, and change the Armageddon shield icons to match the Supernatural Border, maybe.

EDIT 2: Version 1.03.1 is up for MS download. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Hurray for super awesome hud which is MUCH better than sonicx8000's.

As for Sunset Town... not so awesome, though. It still suffers for having a ridiculous amount of enemies in one area for no reason. And although I don't really matter for it, it repeats the same gimmick over and over again. Thankfully, there's no possible lag in the stage (For some reason.) and it plays well too.

STZ: 6/10.

Ugh, Sunset Town's boss is a bit buggy; if the turrets kill him in a certain spot, he's unattackable in his pinch phase. This, and I forgot to make the "X" in the lives icon area nice and pretty too. Well, both shall be foxed in the next update. In other news, I do have an idea for the next circuit map I wish to make, as well as a possible CTF map. However, it shall appear in the OLDC first so I can get some good C+C, like most of the maps in the pack.

Hurray for super awesome hud which is MUCH better than sonicx8000's.

Sonicx HUD has more effort in it. :P

Err, the amargraden shield.... I don't really like how it makes that symbol. -_-

Sonicx HUD has more effort in it. :P

Effort =/= Better looking

Frankly, I wanted a clean cut, yet still better HUD, and I made exactly what I wanted. A simple yet better HUD. Anyways, onto buisness:

srb20318.png

You know, somethin' ain't quite right here, but I can't put my finger on it...

- Bounce pannel in a race map
- Character names in the bottom left do not match with the HUD.
- Checkpoint sector is tiny. :(
- You shot a blue ring.

- Bounce pannel in a race map
- Character names in the bottom left do not match with the HUD.
- Checkpoint sector is tiny. :(
- You shot a blue ring.

-Gee, wonder how THAT got there? :3
-Nothing I can do about that, sadly.
-That's part of it. The other part is on the other side of the tree.
-Cyan, but yeah, wonder what that could mean?

Effort =/= Better looking

Frankly, I wanted a clean cut, yet still better HUD, and I made exactly what I wanted. A simple yet better HUD.

@Bold: Opinion

Nothing but an opinion. I personally like GraphicX8000's HUD way better than that one, but then again, that's just an opinion.

@Bold: Opinion

Nothing but an opinion. I personally like GraphicX8000's HUD way better than that one, but then again, that's just an opinion.

But more effort does NOT mean better looking. While I do think that in MY opinion that my hud is better than his, that doesn't mean that something with more effort put into it is gonna be better. If a guy took forever to make a level, it can still be something similar to Canyon CTF.

Last edited:
I never said anything about effort. I just generally like GraphicX's HUD better.

One thing I don't like about your HUD is that it does not look appealing, or "tasteful" in my opinion. It looks like a combination of yellow and an uglish brown. (Yeah just made up a word: "uglish" :P)

That color is called "gold", Hack. But hey, tis your opinion, and my wad has what I want, so that's my opinion :P

This may just be my machine (very posible), but when I go to decompress the file, it says "File is nonvalade/is corupted". Anybody have a clue?

OK a couple things. First to make this good turn down the difficulty on Heat Street. Second there is good fun levels and great sprites. Third, is Cream in the mod?

Last edited:
The Jetty-Syn part didn't get easier for me for some reason

I never really got around to my say in it; but the problem with the jetty-bounce part is that they're WAY too spaced out as they are placed. It's far too easy to fall between them, when they should be a solid 'floor' of them. I suggest D00D either adds more of them, squeezes them together more (I'd much rather have to aim for a smaller area than have the larger area give a 60% chance of missing anyway), or replaces them with bounce floors.

srb20318.png

Either your character color is Cyan, or cream has her own ring color. I doubt the later, but what do I know.

I enjoyed these levels, especially Cloud Cradle. The only part that annoyed me though was bouncing on the robots but overall i still loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back