Help with making sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
I'm making my own character WAD for SRB2 and i will need help with how to do the actual sprites for the character.
I have a idea on how he looks like etc. but i will say it,my character is a stick figure!
Sure,stick figures are easy to make,but when you need to put it into a 3D world,i'm not sure if it is easy to make one.
In fact,i will need a basic tutorial on how to make sprites for SRB2...

Thanks in advance.

Anyways you'll need that :P

Get a good drawing program. Also, if you think you'll be better with hand-draw, you need a scanner or something. I would suggest do the colouring in the computer through. It's more flexible.

SamTehGamerz said:
LOL i already have it.
Is MSPaint a good drawing program(Considering my character is a stick figure)?

Personally I'd used photoshop. It's much easier to use, and has much better features than MSPaint.

Sik said:
Anyways you'll need that :P

Get a good drawing program. Also, if you think you'll be better with hand-draw, you need a scanner or something. I would suggest do the colouring in the computer through. It's more flexible.

What drawing program?

I don't see what's so hard here. Think of a stick figure as a human made of pipes, and just handle the different angles like that. The head is the only thing that's hard to visualize, and still it'd probably be a normal circle from all sides.

I think its 70 x 70 i'm not sure on that as i only have changed in-game sprites and not made character sprites but i'm pretty sure its 70 x 70 (correct me if i'm wrong).

Player collision height is 64. Sprites are a bit more bigger to allow for perspective. You get the idea :P

All you need to do to make the sprites is actually take time and try. I make all my sprites through MSPaint and I haven't gotten a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back