Suggestions

Is there a need to translate chat messages anyway ? only other things like console log,Menu,Obtuaries ... etc are enough .

Alright, I figure these suggestions may be covered with people telling me to "git gud", but I figure these might aid in balancing things.

• Remove the gigantic knockback from being hit by a rail ring.
  • Prevent dropped items from being picked up during the period of time that the player can't pick them up themselves.
The first is because as it travels instantly, all the rail ring manages to do is cause death after death as the enemy is shot out of the air and into a death pit. All it does is make it so you can't recover from attacks you can't even see coming. Plus, it is something that is highly exploitable by aimbots, on the scale of making me wonder if the Rail Ring should be removed outright. Maybe make it so the rail ring knocks rings and items away from the target, without causing knockback.

The second prevents the overused tactic of players rushing at an opponent and hitting them with a ring, causing them to pick up every single dropped item as they hit the opponent right at the same time as the ring, preventing the possibility of recovery.

EDIT: Another potential change that could be made to the Rail Ring, is that instead of being a hitscan weapon, it could instead be a projectile that travels at thok speed. With the lack of knockback idea, it could subtract something like 20 rings at a time, but to make up for that, damage through invincibility power ups.

Last edited:
Another potential change that could be made to the Rail Ring, is that instead of being a hitscan weapon, it could instead be a projectile that travels at thok speed. With the lack of knockback idea, it could subtract something like 20 rings at a time, but to make up for that, damage through invincibility power ups.
Rail is the only weapon in the game that DOESN'T fly at thok speed. Making Rail fly at thok speed would make it equivalent to red rings.

Rail is the only weapon in the game that DOESN'T fly at thok speed. Making Rail fly at thok speed would make it equivalent to red rings.

Ah, woops. I thought red rings moved slower than that.

But unless there are physics concerns, maybe it could move at four times thok speed or something crazy fast, but not instant.

Railrings are very strong in my opinion, they should be timed (like they were in 1.09.4) .

As an excessive user of rails, i agree that they are very strong. i would suggest a hold down feature for rails, so you would have to hold down the fire button for , idk, 3 or so seconds to it fire.

Or like a Bow and arrow sort of deal, you would need time to pull back the arrow for it to travel further

From my post in the Rate the Official Levels thread:

I don't suppose a Super Sonic-exclusive level is in the works, is it? I feel it would be a great way to reward players who did indeed find all those Chaos Emeralds, as well as being a nice throwback to Sonic & Knuckles. In fact, if the NiGHTS code was modified, you could do a whole battle inspired by S&K. Also, can we have an ending cutscene before the credits? Every other classic Sonic game has one, why can't we?

I'll second that. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before (and I also seem to recall one of the devs saying they weren't going to do it?) but I would love a Doomsday Zone-esque stage with NiGHTS gameplay. In fact, it could be pretty similar to the Special Stages—collect x number of spheres/rings to break the boss's shield and attack it directly. I think it'd be a perfect finale to the game.

Well, as much I'd love to see that the devs are hoping someone(read: us) can make it on our own time, if it's not a glitchy mess, it can be an extra final boss of the main story (possibly).

What do you mean ? the sound he releases after landing while he's still on his gliding frames ? If so, it's already available .

Up-wards springs exist with the sprites SPRB, SPRY and SPRR for blue, yellow, and red, respectively. Diagonal springs also exist with the sprites YSPR and RSPR for yellow and red... but BSPR also exist, which are sprites for blue diagonal springs, so... Why not add a diagonal blue spring to the game? It could be useful in water, for example.

I believe blue springs in general are considered to be mostly useless, since jumping essentially gives you the same height a blue spring will give you but with tons more control. Like you said, it could be useful in water since it would take you a tad higher than your regular jump, but that's pretty much the only instance where I could ever see it being remotely interesting.

The only positive thing I can think about it is that there would be a lot less flailing around to line yourself up to use it, since you're shot in the direction it is facing instead of directly upward. I guess if your level needs it for whatever reason, you could always assemble the spring yourself by editing the already made diagonal springs.

I believe blue springs in general are considered to be mostly useless,
While that is probably true, there are sprites available for diagonal blue springs, so why not add a diagonal blue spring Thing? An extra Thing won't really do much bad.

Also consider up-side-down springs, especially in Techno Hill Zone-style goop. A yellow spring might be too powerful and send you down too far in a case where a blue spring would be just right, while you can't jump yourself.

(But your argument is still valid, blue springs are pretty useless outside water and such.)

I guess if your level needs it for whatever reason, you could always assemble the spring yourself by editing the already made diagonal springs.
That's true, and I could also make a completely new Thing for it if I wanted (the Map Thing type both right before and right after the diagonal yellow/red springs is un-used), but it'd still be nice to have it vanilla (so I won't have to edit map editor configuration myself for it or look at "missing objects" in the map editor).

Your objects, by the way, are definitely redundant. Learn to use Linedef Executor sector and Linedef types, there's plenty of resources out there and experimenting won't hurt you.

Not if you wanted to make your maps faster rather than having to deal with each Linedef tag and Sector tag, it's seriously Confusing and tiring , Only making a teleport takes about 4 Minutes or so .

These objects would reduce the time needed to do so , and for several other stuff .

To do things that way would require reimplementing the map format, and we're not doing that any time soon. I will repeat my earlier statement: You need to learn to do things the way they are currently implemented, not beg for things to change to be like other source ports.

The Elemental Shield protects from damaging slime and lava (which is technically also a special type of water). It also does other things on top of that. What purpose would such a thing have?

But what about the acid? Can't you just add some resistance to elemental shield so that its able to protect against acid?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back