[Open Assets] Sonic Mania Drop-Dash ~ Rumia Edition

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumia1

Backseat Developer
I've modified Hatninja's script to take the drop-dash ability in a slightly different direction, making it dependent on your falling momentum (plus a bit of your current speed as an added bonus, I may change it if it feels overpowered.) and turns it into horizontal speed.

If you fall from any height greater than your normal jump and press the jump button in any spin state, you'll gain a burst of speed, otherwise if you're standing still it'll give you about a minimum charged spindash amount of momentum and if you're moving greater than that speed, you'll just remain at that speed. A neat little side effect is if you jump, charge a drop-dash and land on a spring and then land after hitting it, you'll still perform a drop-dash

I did this mainly because when I saw the Sonic Mania trailer and how the community was interpreting the move, I had sincerely hoped that this wasn't just going to be a grounded air-dash in the game due to it making the spindash feel useless.

All credit goes to Hatninja for the original code, works with Sonic.

Gameplay footage (because the attachment system doesn't like the resolution I've recorded at):http://i.imgur.com/wb0gGfr.gif

Attachments

• Rumidash.lua
    1.6 KB · Views: 1,145
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back