New object to collect? Can I add more Chaos Emeralds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STHE123O

Little Monster
Hello! I was thinking about making a level in a Banjo-Kazooie style (Collect-a-thon). The only problem I found is the main collectable item, the Jiggies (Jigsaw pieces).
I need a new object kinda like the Chaos Emeralds, that dont respawn if you play the level again, and can be used to open doors (like Linedef type 303, Ring Count - Continuous). The only problem is that there are only 7 emeralds. Is there a way to add more Emeralds to replace them with Jiggys? Or is the only option to create a new object?

Thanks anyway!

Last edited:
Because there is no linedef type that works when a certain number of emblems is found. If someone can create it, then emblems are perfect!

Um, technically, there is a linedef type that works with emblems: Linedefs 317 and 318 can do the job well, but this will not become affected into Co-op

Um, technically, there is a linedef type that works with emblems: Linedefs 317 and 318 can do the job well, but this will not become affected into Co-op

I just serched for them in the SRB2 wiki and it is confusing me a bit. Could you make an example WAD? I would really appreciate it!

EDIT: Just read Inuyasha message...

You can use linedef types 319 and 320 to check for whether a specific unlockable has been unlocked. You can set up dummy unlockables that do nothing at whatever amounts of emblems you want to check for, and then use them for the triggers in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back