Srb2 LUA confusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudyTheFox

IT'S HIGH NOON
Hello all! I am a bit confused on LUA, being the fact that the wiki has not been updated and I know it will take time. The only thing is, I'm confused on where to start on LUA. I need my head to clear up this info, the thing is, I see one guide that tells the system about bots by JTE, then a list of all the srb2's LUA functions by Monster Iestyn. I could really use a bit of help?
Then again, I could have used the wiki if it were complete. I guess I'll have to wait.
Anyways, Thanks and have a good day. ^^

Lua is a tricky beast to figure out, so unless you're willing to read through those topics (or at least keep them as a reference) and learn the language, you're kind of out of luck. Somebody's probably going to write a howto for something simple in Lua (and I might take a crack at it myself), but nothing's going to replace just learning the language, or at least transporting knowledge of some other programming language to it.

Once you have that figured out, the best thing to do would probably be to just open some other addon that uses Lua (creator.wad is very good for this) and use it as a reference for the various SRB2-specific coding bits (along with those topics).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back