How do you make a wad without it messing up?

• Thread starter Hyper Shadonic thing
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hyper Shadonic thing

Working on my wad and whenever I test it it does his waiting sprite and then his tails pickup sprite over and over again, why?

Simple problem. First, download the XWE beta with the autocapitalization option. Then, go to View (on top) > Options > Entry List > Check the box that says "don't autocapitalize lump names", and you're set. Now, go into your wad, and see if you have two Ax and Bx entries (PLAYA1, PLAYB1, etc.). Change the ones with the tailspickup frames to lowercase "a" and lowercase "b". It should totally fix your issue.

So, what your saying is to do this.
PLaYb5

or

PLAYb5

Do I have to change all of them to look like that?

O NOES ERROR! R_InitSprites: No patches found for PLAYA1 frame a

Only the second sets of PLAYAx and PLAYBx.

As in: You have this:

PLAYA1
and
PLAYA1 (the tailspickup sprites) in another area of your wad.

Same with:

PLAYB1
and
PLAYB1 (the other ones) in another area of your wad.

What you have to do is rename all of the sprites of the second set to lowercase. For example:

PLAYA1
and
PLAYA1

Change the second one to "PLAYa1".

PLAYB1
and
PLAYB1

Change the second one to "PLAYb1".

You must do this for all of the sprites in the second set. Okay?

Go to:
http://www.srb2wiki.sepwich.com/wiki/Character_WAD
-for more information.

...Because if they're not capitalized, you would have two, considering two sets of frames are the same letters, except lowercase. Please actually try executing what I've been saying instead of asking more and more questions that I've pretty much already answered.

Older versions of XWE (or without the non-capitalization option enabled) will convert names to uppercase. Hence the lump names will be changed. Doom 2 didn't had so many frames for a object to need to use lowercase letters, so everything was uppercase, and most editors try to fix lump names for Doom 2, not for SRB2.

If you wonder why lowercase letters are used and not something else, it's because frame IDs go from 'A' and increase as the ASCII table. The lowercase letters are there because they're what follow in the ASCII table, just that.

1 final question (I think,) so it is like this?

PLAYa1

PLAYa2a8

PLAYa3a7 ect.

Thats going to be alot of work!

Renaming all of those things =O!

No, only do it with the second set of "A" and "B" lumps, not all of them!

I don't understand. Sik and I are being TOTALLY clear about this. Why is this so difficult for you to grasp?! ><

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! The 2nd set.... welp, that explains it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back