Sega announces Sonic & Sega All-Stars Soccer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

allstarssoccer_us_wiiANNOUN-211x300.jpg

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (Apr 1st, 2010) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® America, Inc., today announced Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Soccer, the next fast and frenetic title in SEGA’s All-Stars series of video games. Developed for the Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Wii™ system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the Nintendo DS™, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Soccer will speed into stores in early 2011.
The title, to be known as Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Football in European territories, pits Sonic and his fellow characters against each other in classic “5-a-side” soccer match format on pitches set in lush stadiums, underwater enclaves, rainforest canopies and a-top city skyscrapers – anywhere is good for a kickabout! Fan favorites from previous All-Stars games such as Dr. Eggman, Tails, AiAi, NiGHTS and many more return to join Sonic all of whom have their own set of skills which you will have to master. Having one All-Star isn’t enough this time, you need an entire team of All-Stars!
“Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Soccer brings Sonic back to the soccer pitch for the first time since Virtua Striker 3.” said Jerry Foxshold, Product Manager, SEGA of America, Inc. “ASS is much different to ASR (All-Stars Racing), there’s a new degree of tactics – in order to be an *** master you need to bring a *** team with balance, flair and that little extra something. We can’t get enough of *** here, and we can’t wait to show *** to the world.”
Winning isn’t everything, but who likes to lose? Once again each character has a specific All Star move geared towards their current position on the field a Super Sonic shot might prove too hot to handle from Sonic as a striker, but a inbound goal might well be saved by a Super Sonic interception. Power ups and weapons may also appear around the pitch and can be used to gain an advantage fair or foul against the opposition to ensure victory – watch out though, as referee Amigo is a hard enforcer of the rulebook!
Can Billy Hatcher roll his way to victory? Will NiGHTS fulfill your dreams of cup glory? Will Sonic be winning the golden boot? Kick-off starts in 2011. For more information please visit: www.sega.com/allstarssoccer.
For press assets please visit: www.sega-press.com.

http://www.sonicwrecks.com/news/sega-announce-sonic-sega-all-stars-soccer

I can't wait!

I sure hope this isn't real. If it is, then all I have to say is stick to racing instead of trying new ideas.

I'm actually a bit interested in this.
I enjoyed Super Mario Strikers and I hope this game plays similarly.

This is a April Fools. I know this MAN.

And @Autosaver, You aint fooling the smart people, you still have plenty of work to do MAH BOI.

Currently wondering why you felt the need to censor out 'ass'...?

Honestly, you can tell from the wording alone that it's a fake, now quit trying, Auto, it's one thing to do it on AFD, it's another to continue it forward (continuing AFD jokes after AFD does not make you smart or funny).

Oh, and something looks odd about the box art because it uses the art from different games, Tails is from Rivals or something, Silver is from one of the Olympics games, AiAi is from ASR I think?

We have a "Here's to another AFD" thread already, we don't need another.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back