New & Old Horizons combo pack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great level, and I knew Devil Sonic HAD to be part of it.

There are a few errors, as in texture aligments (mostly on FOFs) and the abillity to go in 3D mode in the 2D section at Green Hill Zone.

Don't worry about that, I'm working on these things.
Floral Road Zone 1 was entierely remade and will be shown in the OLDC, the act 2 has to be remake to since it is super-linear, modify it would be too long.

Concerning GHZ Most of the areas will be remade from scratch to fit with a Genesis themed level, with upper paths.

So, aside from flying Red Crawlas, here's what you will see in New Horizons version 1.0 (And in the OLDC too) Those "custom" bushes weren't stolen from Angel Island, same for the sky.

729675srb20064.png

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I introduced emblems in the OLDC version, even if I need asistance for the score emblems which is too easy to get:
Just get under 30 seconds and... congrats, 2 emblems!

Last edited:
Well sorry for the ugly triple post but I want to know:

Do you guys want to keep the cheesy FRZ boss or making a regular Eggman in his Eggmobile (modified tough)?

It should definitely just use Eggman sprites. The "evil super sonic" sprites come off as unprofessional.

It should definitely just use Eggman sprites. The "evil super sonic" sprites come off as unprofessional.

Alright. I guess seeing Eggman throwing Rings will be a bit... weird so I will have to do my own custom boss attack using the power of the SOCs (And not Lua to avoid Resynchs in the netgames)

EDIT: Devil Sonic was most like a placeholder than a boss, also note that cheesy boss was my first boss SOC.

Let's now talking on what's going on for this mod, the awnser:

absolutely nothing :P
beside of this, FRZ1 is still a bit linear, but less more than it was in its old version, small areas are the ones that hides the most of bonuses, for instance.
It's also a 30 second level if you don't care about bonuses, which is sad because there are 4 extra lives and over 350 Rings.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

So, be warned, ugly double post.
So the Devil Super Sonic was succesfully removed from NH, for the normal SP rotation (The archives includes it)

It is replaced by the... EGG MOBILE, THE WORLD'S BETTER BOSS!
I did, I think you saw this one coming from far away, change some of his state tough:

-Instead of raping the player with an useless MT_ROCKET trail, it nows fire a single torpedo from Deep Sea (delivered to Egg-Man via the Post Office he destroyed at the intro if anyone wasted 8 minutes watching it tough.)

-In the pinch mode, instead of directly attacking the player, Eggman sends a Red Crawla to do the job because he is too stupid to do it himself, and the most ridiculous if that it dashes away from you (left or right to avoid being stuck by a beautiful wall)

-In the pinch mode, instead of directly attacking the player, Eggman sends a Red Crawla to do the job because he is too stupid to do it himself, and the most ridiculous if that it dashes away from you (left or right to avoid being stuck by a beautiful wall)

This made my day :-]. Also, the Egg-fatass-mobile should use a flamethrower as a custom ability too.

This made my day :-]. Also, the Egg-fatass-mobile should use a flamethrower as a custom ability too.

Flamethrower? But... Oh, right! Like the final boss, right? That would be cool... If not because it's the first zone, and having a boss with a flamethrower in it will be... Strange for a first level. Can be used for another boss in a zone like... that of Red Volcano? Maybe a lava-zone like RVZ but with different scenery... Maybe a Hell-Like Zone? (Not now, but later, in another part)

Flamethrower? But... Oh, right! Like the final boss, right? That would be cool... If not because it's the first zone, and having a boss with a flamethrower in it will be... Strange for a first level. Can be used for another boss in a zone like... that of Red Volcano? Maybe a lava-zone like RVZ but with different scenery... Maybe a Hell-Like Zone? (Not now, but later, in another part)

I am looking forward to challenging levels, since challenges is a special thing I like doing in Srb2. RVZ boss should use 1 or more flamethrowers at a time, or Eggman could just blast to the player and when he stops, moving lava or multiple flamethrowers should be triggered.

Guess you're talking about Icefield Volcano Zone!
Yes, again a stupid level that combines Fire & Ice.

The boss is ready since a lot of time, it just needs to be ported to the 2.1.
And the arena absolutely needs to be revamped.

129365srb20052.png

(ScreenShot from 2.0.6)

So, I re-did the emblems lists:

403251srb20070.png

The levels marked by a * are the ones that are included in archives.
All we need now is starting the act 2...

Guess you're talking about Icefield Volcano Zone!
Yes, again a stupid level that combines Fire & Ice.

The boss is ready since a lot of time, it just needs to be ported to the 2.1.
And the arena absolutely needs to be revamped.

129365srb20052.png

(ScreenShot from 2.0.6)

If you still plan to make the boss arena something similar to that, I would recommend making the arena the only place Eggman can fly and making the lava pool block all enemies. It would really help the fight instead of the player having to wait for Eggman to come close to them after he flies to the other side of the map.

I think I also get a damn god idea:
Making the boss unable to move but invulnerable to players attacks, (and unreachable too)
When the boss make the volcano eruption, he hurts itself because he is bruning, same for his poor mustache :/

My only problem is that I have no idea how to do this kind of script tough.

I just played this for the first time an to be honest, I really liked it. My one nitpick so far is the dot in the centiseconds.
8oehI.png

Other than that, everything seems good so far. Can't wait to see what's in store!

Even if some complains of that bad level design, some guys like you likes it, that's why I created the archives!

Concerning the dot, it's an obvious think that was ready but non implented, my misstake.

I also started Floral Road Zone 2:
Unlike the bright and open FRZ1, this level is in a dark cave for most of the areas, this cave will also be flooded near to the end.

113805srb20071.png

(It's the very start of the level I started less than 10 minutes ago.)

If the image doesn't animate, click on it to open a site, and reclick on it in that site to see the animated version

So here are the lastests new concerning New Horizons:
I want to know these things:

-By imagining the player plays like in the gif, what should be the lenght of the level? (sticking to 1:40~2:00 for me)

-What should I improve in the level, espicially in the section before the gif stops

EDIT: Pootispencer here

Last edited:
Alright then!
Also, Sonic100000 is working on the multiplayer levels for this pack, I can't tell more since I don't even know if it was started.

Alright then!
Also, Sonic100000 is working on the multiplayer levels for this pack, I can't tell more since I don't even know if it was started.

I can't wait for New Race levels. The levels from 2.0 bored me so much, i can stab myself with a knife. Aaaaand, I WANNA PLAY THE ICE-LAVA ZONE!!!!1!!! *So much exclamation signs*

Overall, I liked it.

My only gripe is that I don't think there is a way into the Exit room for the first stage unless you can spindash. There really should be another way in for people playing characters who can't spindash.

Edit: just confirmed that there doesn't seem to be a way in unless you spindash. :s This renders the level impassable for anyone who can't spin.

Last edited:
Overall, I liked it.

My only gripe is that I don't think there is a way into the Exit room for the first stage unless you can spindash. There really should be another way in for people playing characters who can't spindash.

But there is one...
when you reach the second checkpoint, continue to go up, jump over the water, turn right and go foward, there should be platforms sticked to the walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back