• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

HellHawk's Hellacious Hellzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellHawkX

I can make nice things too, I guess. I'm working on a bunch of stuff, but my current project is porting Doom Guy to srb2

Pistol.gif

Shotgun.gif

PlasmaRifle.gif

It still lacks a lot of things obviously, I'm focusing on making the guns right now, once I'm finished with those, I will add rest of the HUD elements, along with the power-ups and enemies.

Last edited:
Pretty cool!

I wonder if ten years from now there's going to be little kids asking for ZDooM to be ported to the SRB2 engine.

"Hey! Let's make a doom game out of a sonic game of a doom game!"

At first I thought this was one of those dumb things where people load SRB2 maps into doom, and then noticed it obviously wasn't. This looks really authentic so far, usually people give right up on just the gun animations but you went the extra mile and got the HUD in there I see. Kinda reminds me of that thing D00D was dokay I'm not gonna be able to ignore that avatar any longer. I'm dying.

At first I thought this was one of those dumb things where people load SRB2 maps into doom, and then noticed it obviously wasn't. This looks really authentic so far, usually people give right up on just the gun animations but you went the extra mile and got the HUD in there I see. Kinda reminds me of that thing D00D was dokay I'm not gonna be able to ignore that avatar any longer. I'm dying.

Add me to the 'Dying' group. What is even...

>doomguy
>jumping
what is this garbage

Nah, I'm kidding, this looks fine so far. Although I have to wonder about the pistol's firing animation (it looks really strange and jittery, but maybe it was like that in the original and I just don't remember it...?) and the plasma gun's projectiles (they look really tiny), but other than that, I'm looking forward to this.

Nice avatar, by the way. It's just too bad there's no source for it in like your signature or anything... wink wink nudge nudge.

Nice avatar, by the way. It's just too bad there's no source for it in like your signature or anything... wink wink nudge nudge.

To seal this before it becomes a running gag in this thread and give context to anyone after, although it still looks suggestive now, he had a completely different avatar before this post. All is good now... I think. So no more talk needs to be made about that.

Last edited:
"Yo dawg, I heard you liked Doom, so I made Doom out of a mod of a Doom source port."

But seriously, that's looking really good. Don't know how he'll get through some of the levels, but it's still looking good.

I'm not sure how good HellHawk made the jump, but you can bet that Doom Guy is goddamn fast. He might as well be able to race against Metal Sonic, from what I imagine.

He probably is fast, because Doomguy apparently moves about 8.33 (16.66-ish when running) per tic. That's why areas in Doom feel like they're traversed in a second; it's because they are.

Last edited:
This is just Sonic wearing brown gloves, wasn't that obvious?

In all seriousness, there's not much to say about it.
It looks like Doom, perfectly. Pls leave the unlimited ammo haxx here, we'll need it if we want to play Mystic Realm as Doo- I mean Brown Gloves Sonic.

Although I have to wonder about the pistol's firing animation (it looks really strange and jittery, but maybe it was like that in the original and I just don't remember it...?) and the plasma gun's projectiles (they look really tiny), but other than that, I'm looking forward to this.

I have to agree with this post; some of the frames don't seem to be perfectly aligned and some aren't timed correctly, but I'm sure they'll get cleaned up once all the guns are done! I've also talked about the weapons not bobbing with the screen, but HellHawk already has plans for those too. This also means that I can take a shotgun to Metal Sonic's face for all the lives he cost me the first time I raced him.

Also on an unrelated note;
hellhawku-senpai, does this mean you're not working on jasperopt anymore ;-;

Last edited:
I'm pretty much done with weapons, I'll be moving on to other elements now. In the meanwhile, have weapon comparisons

Warning: gifs are on 640x480 resolution

srb20009.gif
zandronum_2015-05-26_23-29-23-64.gif

srb20010.gif
zandronum_2015-05-26_23-29-29-94.gif

srb20011.gif
zandronum_2015-05-26_23-29-37-80.gif

srb20012.gif
zandronum_2015-05-26_23-29-43-86.gif

ignore the ammo bug

hellhawku-senpai, does this mean you're not working on jasperopt anymore ;-;
HellHawkX said:
I'm working on a bunch of stuff
Jasper pls

Last edited:
There's a few issues going along with this, though. We need some way for stuff in SRB2 to hurt Doomguy, since he can simply shoot everything in an instant.

The enemies need health and ways to retaliate Doomguy, and shields to pick up ammo, and rings to pick up health. That, in my opinion, would be more an authentic experience.

Pls leave the unlimited ammo haxx here, we'll need it if we want to play Mystic Realm as Doo- I mean Brown Gloves Sonic.
If you look carefully at the bottom right of the screen... ;)

Now if only splats weren't removed at 1.09... :(

Last edited:
I would say either replace the regular SRB2 enemies with DOOM Monsters or modify the SRB2 enemies actors because they die instantly.

Not to mention in first person view, the Doom Marine looks so short, hes about as short as the orange GFZ flower!

Sort of offtopic:
I also remember one time I mixed srb2 xmas with an Doom IWAD and I was able to play as Sonic and Tails in an Doom game! But Sonic had the same sprites as the Doom Marine.

Last edited:
Not to mention in first person view, the Doom Marine looks so short, hes about as short as the orange GFZ flower!

Actually in first person mode with Sonic, it gives off that same vibe so if you think about it. Doom Guy is the same height as Sonic in this case. Not like it matters anyways.

@arcade gamer/Larztard

hellhawk made doomguy taller than sonic, as seen in these pics he posted in a place of magic. First two shows sonic in first and third person, second two show doomguy

smbuhh.png

nbmwec.png

oredht.png

kojvxe.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back