• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Roach's endless sprite parade

stupidity over 'fun for a sigle stupid post

It's not stupidity, it's everyone's reactions to you being a fucking asshole. Terra did nothing to receive that childish comment and attempted parody from you and yet you still went and did something that lame and ignorant. Nobody benefits from that, so I hope your ridiculous ego is satisfied.

Regarding the spritework, I love the new backsprite. Looks much better and more logical if you ask me.

Guys, I would like to occasionally have topics on this forum that aren't stupid. In order for that to happen, you guys need to not respond to posts like the ones above. In the future, if someone posts something overtly against the rules, please contact a moderator or administrator and don't post in the thread about it. The perpetrator will get what's coming to him whether you reply or not, and if you don't post a reply then a perfectly good thread won't get cluttered up with unrelated drama.

What the fuck happened to my thread?

28iyr7d.png

Why would he? SRB2 doesn't use them, and that'd also jack up the sprites needed, which would mean extra Lua work, but SRB2 just needs new spritework.

It would mirror the classic games. Classic Super Sonic WALKS and then flies. But I agree what D00D said. If this is going to replace the actual Sonic, then he has to fly not walk.

I once tried to make him walk. It looked awful. Regretted completly seconds after.

It would mirror the classic games. Classic Super Sonic WALKS and then flies. But I agree what D00D said. If this is going to replace the actual Sonic, then he has to fly not walk.

I once tried to make him walk. It looked awful. Regretted completly seconds after.

Well, you could use lua to make him walk with proper 8-frame walk sprites. Then when it does replace sonic, they can just keep that lua there too. It would make it so much better.

Well Terra, I suck major shit at LUA. So... yeah.

What the fuck happened to my thread?

28iyr7d.png

Keep it up. Oh please keep it up. It looks FANTASTIC!

Also, what sprites are you working on right now and what sprites do you still have to finish? Just to build some hype. Doctor says it's good for a healthy develop of the brain (wat?)

To be clear, I was talking about the walking animation alone, and his full speed can still be his flying animation.

2ec1bbb.png

To be specific, the only animations done so far are standing, waiting, walking, spinning, and spring up, with all the angles already done.

That looks good, so far. So awesome! So majestic! So....sexy... (Heh, I could not help my self). My my my, that looks awesome
! Is it like, half-way through?

Last edited:
Is it like, half-way through?
All we need is getting hurt, death, running, hanging, falling, transformation, and super frames. I'm probably missing a few, but this needs to be a complete character for it to make it in the next update.

All we need is getting hurt, death, running, hanging, falling, transformation, and super frames. I'm probably missing a few, but this needs to be a complete character for it to make it in the next update.

Well hurt is just 5 sprites...
Death is just one...
Running is five angles x four animations = 20. I guess.
Hanging and Falling are 10 in total...
Transformation is 9 sprites...
And Super Frames are... 5 angles x 6 animations is... uh... 30?

So those should be up to... Around 75 sprites. But thankfully, knowing MotorRoach's spriting abilities, this should be a piece of cake... well for him.

Also, I get my hopes really high with this new Sonic.
I wonder how you are gonna call him once you are done? Since you called Knuckles "Chuckles" and now Sonic is... Chonic?

Why even release is as a separate wad? Won't this Sonic just be added to vanilla SRB2 in the next patch if it's done by that time?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back