Suggestions

May the Mario firePumas stay in Mario mode, and have the Marble Zone fireball sprites replace them for the other gametypes? I'm sorry I have an opinion, guys

Well a better alternative is copy and paste the code to a freeslot and make custom sprties for the new Fire Pumas. Also don't Fire Pumas and the robo fish the share the same code or is there like one small tweak to each of them?

Well a better alternative is copy and paste the code to a freeslot and make custom sprties for the new Fire Pumas. Also don't Fire Pumas and the robo fish the share the same code or is there like one small tweak to each of them?
The Mario fire Puma thing is used in Red Volcano Zone Act 1, despite that being a vanilla non-Mario stage. (Also, Stupid Dumb Unnamed RoboFish can be bopped/killed, fire Pumas can't.) I think he was talking about the fact it is used in vanilla outside Mario stages, and it doesn't fit the non-Mario-theme that much. I may be wrong, though.

It's not always bugged me that a Mario sprite is used in a particular level (or levels, including SRB1 I guess), but I'd thought it would make sense in this case, since sprites are one of the easier things to modify in this game. Pasting the code for the Pumas in a freeslot and putting in the new sprites sounds good in theory, but they're two different looking fireballs. I mean, two different looking hazards which do the exact same thing. You know how coins replace rings in Mario mode? That's what I want the Pumas to do; replace the eventual Marble Zone fireball sprites ripped straight outta Spriters Resource, for, y'know, Mario mode. It wouldn't be that hard at all, I'd imagine. This is what happens when I explain my opinions

The bounce rings fire rate I feel is now way to high. I've notice that its become a lot more dominant than most of the rings in the game. Its come to a point where you don't even need to use your cross hair any more.
If possible, I feel that it should be slowed down to the same rate of how 2.0's bounce ring was.

Lastly, (I know I've said this about 3 times now but just in case you forgot) but mlooksens NEEDS to return back in to this game. Not being able to control my mouse how I want to is a real pain because I would normally use a high mousesens and slow mlooksens; using a high mlooksens makes it almost impossible to aim properly and its not just shooter base game types where I have problems with not having mlooksens. In single player I have my mlooksens turned off because the slight movement of moving my mouse forward shoots my third person camera right up which is also a real pain.

A decent addition would be a new hook to enable adding menu options, so one would be capable of using Terminal through the menu, select abilitys in an RPG mod, add a tutorial option to the menu, or even for my own small wad so I can change the second color in the menu.

On the same note, being able to apply colors to loaded patches would be great.

Those are very important features,but aren't Actually included in the game,so My Suggestions are :
1-Adding all terminal Features to the game : It'll be very useful if server host isn't online and players want to change map or kick an annoying player .
2-Ability to become a Spectator for Coop .this will cause player to lose his score,lives,and to restart from the beginning of the map .
EDIT : Yes,i requested adding Terminal features,but not Splash Logo :P

Last edited:
So I have another idea, what about on the Matches or CTF; and those with ringslinger stuff, make them have power ups. Like, secret weapons for anything instead for only normal rings, and then hyper power ups when in super form.
Here's what I have in mind:
-Make variables to know when the normal weapons are collected.
-Make the super powered up weapons for each one (of course).
-Make a variable to know when the player is in super form.
-When the player collects the normal weapon, set the respective variable to true, and vice versa for dropping.
-When the player discovers the power up, make the power up collectible only if the player has the normal weapon in the inventory, checking trough the variables.
-When the player is in super form, give the player the hyper weapons.

Now, about the super powered up weapons; well, I have none in mind and the same for the hyper weapons. But hey, atleast I don't show spoilers anywhere, right?

Last edited:
if it doesn't exist already, a line def trigger set that's for multiplayer. Front x can set the minimum amount of players needed for the trigger to work.

This set could be useful for when you need a separate level for multiplayer and still want the traps for single player

if it doesn't exist already, a line def trigger set that's for multiplayer.
If I'm correct (which I likely am not), Not Sonic + Not Tails + Not Knuckles = Not Singleplayer, as of 2.1, regardless of custom character used. Whether that will be of use to you, I don't know, as I think it does trigger if playing alone on a server with no-one else on.

If I'm correct (which I likely am not), Not Sonic + Not Tails + Not Knuckles = Not Singleplayer, as of 2.1, regardless of custom character used. Whether that will be of use to you, I don't know, as I think it does trigger if playing alone on a server with no-one else on.

From what I've tested, this is exactly correct.

Why was Item respawn removed from Co-op mode? That was one of the best changes from 1.09.X to 2.0, and now it's gone again. It couldn't be because of "cheating", because there's a server label for that. Similarly, why were Setlives and Setrings banned from Co-op as well? I think at least itemrespawn should return for Co-op...

setrings/setlives were disabled for multiplayer because of the new way cheats work - all "cheats" for multiplayer are now only those that can be disabled again when "cheats off" is used in the console. Obviously setrings/setlives' effects can't be undone like the others, so off they went!

Well, alright then, but that doesn't quite answer why Itemrespawn was taken out of Co-op... That could easily be undone, but you still can't use it...

To add onto the gigantic pile of lua related suggestions, a way to have lua check the existence of text lumps, and read data from them is a large one.

This came from the lack of being unable to read... hold on, thats a suggestion of itself.

Also, see about adding support to have custom variables in one's S_SKIN that could be read by lua, in the case of a character wad supporting an external lua script.

+ We don't need those cheats to come back (Setrings,setlives),we need someway to disallow skin change untill player dies,so he can change his skin before he spawns (Just like from Match/Tag/Ctf) .....

Item respawning is something which bugs me in multiplayer, what if you died on a boss and there are no rings left because everyone picked them up ? Maybe it would be better if they respawned clientside, but that would also cause a lot of problems.

No idea if it's been mentioned, but make the "opposite colour" of Purple Zim. After all, the "opposite coulour" of Zim is Purple, but not the other way around. (I wouldn't classify this as a bug, especially not as no vanilla character uses Purple as skin colour.)

No clue if anyone else feels this way, or if it's already been suggested, but there should be an option to turn off the intro.

I hate having the game start up and Eggman just go "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" every time. Even though you can mash a button to skip it, it would be nice if you didn't have to do that every time and just skip right to the title screen on boot.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back