Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll work with that Idea then. The idea is still in the "on paper" stage, so some things are being changed as they come up anyways...

Mr-smartie said:
1. Some kind of 2d level of Green hill Zone
2. Maybe Some kind of Cheat that gives you Super Sneakers forever
3. Maybe like one of them said Sub-bosses

1.That sounds unoriginal-y boring.
2.Addfile sonicoverdrive( or sms unleashed )
3.Coding bosses is way too hard!

I don't know if this is a glitch, or it's intended, but when Tails lands on a monitor, it doesn't crack.

NiteAngel said:
I don't know if this is a glitch, or it's intended, but when Tails lands on a monitor, it doesn't crack.
sonicthehedgehog3u000.png

It's very much intentional. Unless you mean if Tails lands on a monitor while spinning...

I have an idea. Remove the override code from the map change code so people won't go to levels that don't support a certain gametype for hangouts.

Jacy said:
I have an idea. Remove the override code from the map change code so people won't go to levels that don't support a certain gametype for hangouts.
But there are numerous valid reasons for -FORCE.

Jacy said:

Shouldn't you put that in the Stuff to put in Srb2ME topic? Lol
Anyways Kay is right. Some people even use private servers and force themselves in the level. Looking for bugs/Redwalls/HOM effects.

Mystic said:
ANY graphical modifications could be used to cheat. There's really no method to fix it. As I said, it's easy (and a frequently common cheat method) to change all the textures to a single color, remove all the scenery, and make the other players really bright. we don't need such a cheating method in the basic EXE, thanks.
Sorry to bring this back up, but I just realized - can't MD2 models already be used to cheat like this? Why not allow people in Software to do this as well? What do you have against Software users cheating? ;_;

Well considering OpenGL isn't even in SRB2ME, I really don't see the issue ^_~

In any case, yes, MD2 models can indeed be used to cheat like that, that's the kind of thing that needs to be fixed and removed from the game, not something we should be adding more of.

Kaysakado said:
I'd use Software anyways. It looks much better in that Match beta.
This makes me think of a question: SRB2ME Renderer will work better than the current one?

Well, software is improved greatly, but it still has the errors that you'd come to expect, if that's what you're talking about. Don't make large, empty rooms, hall of mirrors is still there, etc.

Consider what Software doesn't have as what OpenGL does.
1: Corona - Lighting from street lights (think of a certain Match level. you'll know what i mean.)
2: Shadows (PrettySRB2 ATM) - Characters have shadows in openGL. (please merge that in srb2me's software if you can.)
3: MD2. - Face it. 3D models? It's what Doom makes you have. Without it, it's not a doom game. Possibly, this is more or less a reason not to have it in SRB2ME xD
4: Item Lighting - Notice the emeralds when you're in a special stage with all rings obtained. Light. 'Nuff said.
5: More or less, tons of effects. - There's more than I can note in this forum. So yeah.

Aren't all these (well, maybe not #5) reasons that OpenGL should stay?

People may argue since it can be buggy. As I was playing some of the contest maps. (VirBLAH zone by Sonic Master) and when it pushed you above a FOF. The camera would stay there making you unseeable and you'd die by a bottomless pit. >_> Also for what ever reason Open-GL turns all colors weird in Sonic Masters map too.(As changing the area pink instead of a scary dark place)

OpenGL is a lot more broken than you realize right now. From what I hear, there's just one or two things that need to be done now to fix it, but doing that is hard. OpenGL's code is there in ME, but I doubt it'll be enabled for people to use.

DarkSagaFromSegaLMA0 said:
Consider what Software doesn't have as what OpenGL does.
1: Corona - Lighting from street lights (think of a certain Match level. you'll know what i mean.)
2: Shadows (PrettySRB2 ATM) - Characters have shadows in openGL. (please merge that in srb2me's software if you can.)
3: MD2. - Face it. 3D models? It's what Doom makes you have. Without it, it's not a doom game. Possibly, this is more or less a reason not to have it in SRB2ME xD
4: Item Lighting - Notice the emeralds when you're in a special stage with all rings obtained. Light. 'Nuff said.
5: More or less, tons of effects. - There's more than I can note in this forum. So yeah.

Aren't all these (well, maybe not #5) reasons that OpenGL should stay?
1 and 4 are the exact same thing. And I'm not sure I understood you correctly for 3, but Doom did not have anything 3D other than the map geometry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back