Suggestions

What's the ultimate point of discussing which "mainstream" games use partial ring loss/peelout? SRB2 doesn't include things just because they're "mainstream" or not, it includes them if they're actually any good in practice.

Partial ring loss would trivialise SRB2 in general, and super peelout as already stated is just spindash with no protection. Could just use the thok anyway.

Anyhow, peelout can probably be easily recreated with Lua I imagine. Partial ring loss might be trickier but it's probably possible too I think.

Oh, I beg to differ, a grounded thok has a lot of potential

srb20005.gif

I don't think you understand what a "super peelout" is.

My Suggestion :
-Possibility to add bots .
-If we Can Replace Sprites with 3D Models,why can't we Replace Textures with PNG Textures,and Sounds/Music with OGGs With the same Way .
-A Multiplayer mode "Duel",Each round 2 Players will be Picked up,Best Players Stays for the Next Round,and the Loser will be Replaced by another Player .

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

My Suggestion :
-If we Can Replace Sprites with 3D Models,why can't we Replace Textures with PNG Textures,and Sounds/Music with OGGs With the same Way .
-A Multiplayer mode "Duel",Each round 2 Players will be Picked up,Best Players Stays for the Next Round,and the Loser will be Replaced by another Player .
-A Command to show Full list of available Maps .
-A Command to show Full list of Available Tunes .

My Suggestion :

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

-A Command to show Full list of available Maps .
-A Command to show Full list of Available Tunes .
Because. PNG = LARGE and not supported by software.

Doesn't SRB2 2.1 Supports TallPatches ??
Not Large Dimensionally, He means the files take up more space than .gif, or whatever indexed format SRB2 uses.

Also SRB2 Community Build had PNG texture capability, so make what you will about that.

Well, also should point out that adding additional texture and sound formats don't seem likely to to be needed for SRB2...

The only reason PNGs would be necessary is to take advantage of no palette limitations.

The music thing is already possible - the game lets you modify the music.dta file in any way you see fit and it'll load without any errors, as long as only music files are in it.

You can also add WADs that change the music - if an added WAD only contains music files, the game won't think it's been modified at all.

Not Large Dimensionally, He means the files take up more space than .gif, or whatever indexed format SRB2 uses.

Also SRB2 Community Build had PNG texture capability, so make what you will about that.

Well, also should point out that adding additional texture and sound formats don't seem likely to to be needed for SRB2...

SRB2CB was in OGL. That was why it could do png.

The only reason PNGs would be necessary is to take advantage of no palette limitations.

Which is stupid for 2 reasons:
No one plans on redoing every texture in the game to add a little color
AND
We can't do that in software,
because it sucks AND IF I GET ONE MORE ERROR WITH OGL FRAMERATE BEINGLOW AS HELL
*Dies*
for reasons.
EDIT: Wow, that CB stuff is epic. I wish we could do that with sprites too...
We can, right?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back