knotholeprtsc2.png
    225.1 KB · Views: 712
  • knotholeprtsc3.png
    knotholeprtsc3.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 756
  • knotholeprtsc4.png
    knotholeprtsc4.png
    226.1 KB · Views: 647
The map seems like it'd be a bit small for a match, and rings are awfully close together (and some aren't tagged Float). The invisible FOF over the flames also seems kind of silly, as players would expect to run into the flames and get hurt, and having more than one of certain weapon panels (as well as the dozen or so WRMs in the map right now) are pretty bad for balance. The map also seems a bit dark to me.

That said, it's not bad for a first map. There are two big issues keeping this from a release, though; you're lacking an SRM, and I couldn't seem to find an Infinity Ring in the map anywhere. If you can fix those (and maybe make the insides of the buildings a bit wider, so they're not so cramped), this will be release-worthy.

I just gave this a test run in an online match, I'm happy to pass this, it's functional after all.

Although if you haven't done so already, I recommend reading the Level Design 101 articles on the SRB2 Wiki.

And on a more personal note for the map, when you make match levels in future I suggest spreading out your weapon panels and monitors more, there's a problem in three different weapon panels being so close together in the moat in that it gives a very easy place to access an absurd amount of influence on where players go. Players will, unsurprisingly, go for that area or the building full of monitors all the time.

I did have some fun hiding in the dark shadows of the trees and ambushing the other player from hiding though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back