The 5th Generation of Pokemon confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperknux

The board's UK Ecologist
Yes and I'm not surprised either.

It looks like we'll be seeing a 5th generation of pokemon now. The first 2 pokemon a.k.a Zorua & Zaroark (Japanese names) which are dark types were the first 5th gen pokes to be confirmed and said to appear in the next pokemon movie which comes to Japan later this year. Do you guys think that the pokemon series has gone a bit too far? I'll let you guys discuss about that, but for now, more details can be found here.

http://www.serebii.net/generation5/

Discussion time.

Well, I disagree Bigboi. I think Pokemon are being more awesome on each game that appears.

And HyperKnux, they aren't going too far, its just that they released some Pokemon from 5th generation earlier that I expected and some people expected.

And it appears that the next pokemon game is going to come still on 2010 with the 5th generation of Pokemon on it.

Now that's earlier.

Last edited:
I, for one, wonder how many more Pokemon they can make until they've exhausted all easily recognizable creatures on Earth. (No, I'm not talking about species, I'm talking about genera).

I was wondering when they were going to come around with this. It's been a while since Gen 4 came about.

Time flies, I miss the good ol' 151 pokemon days, but I understand that the concept has to be milked every drop for the new line of kids.

Judging from the amount of Pokemon we get every generation, I can guess that we'll have at least 600 Pokemon in total for the 5th generation.

At this rate, we'll eventually end up with several thousand of them altogether before Pokemon finally finishes (if it does).

Guys, if you go to serebii, you will have all the information that you need.

Also, Monster Iestyn is so right. And if continues at this rate we will have too much Pokemons to apreciate and like.

I think the Nintendo Company should CALM DOWN. They are building Pokemon way too fast.

Well, to be honest, each generation only tends to bring about 20 or so Pokemon that are actually good to the table, and figuring out which 20 are those Pokemon is part of the fun, IMO. Also, using something subpar effectively is always a blast, and the more Pokemon there are, the more likely there will be something to fill your niche. If only they'd stop reusing the same designs over and over again. I want some dragons that aren't 4x weak to ice =P

Also, Bigboi, I'd like to note that the 100 new Pokemon in GSC were by far the weakest and most uninteresting set they ever made. Basically the only good ones in GSC were ones designed for stalling, like Skarmory and Blissey. The vast majority of the new Pokemon in GSC were absolutely terrible.

Eh. I'm not interested by a bunch of new Pokemon. I mean, I understand that with 100 new pokemon you haven't seen before is kind of like a Megaman game with new level designs, robot masters and power-ups, but I feel like the concept was only interesting when Gold/Silver/Crystal came out, even if most of those pokemon weren't all that great.

I can probably still name all 151 pokemon from the original game, and I have the most respect for them, because at the time each of them were unique. I could maybe name half of the gold and silver pokemon.... but sapphire and ruby? Christ. The 2vs2 battles are the real reason I bought Sapphire. I wish there were more of them.

I might buy a new generation Pokemon game once it has something new to offer. I considered getting the Mystery Dungeon series, but it's safe to say that's a completely different type of RPG.

Personally, I suspect they're intentionally trying to get to the point where you can't easily remember the names of all the Pokemon off the top of your head, in order to make it far more possible to come into the game and discover new stuff constantly. Trying to figure out what some new thing will do to me is quite a lot of the enjoyment in PvE for me, because we all know the AI is really dumb and doesn't play well =P

Interestingly, I really didn't like the concept of new Pokemon in GSC, but in Ruby/Sapphire I finally warmed up to the idea, with practically everything catchable being new to me, it made the game feel very different.

I think the issue isn't really that the series got bland as much as the fact that GSC were so insanely awesome that there was no way Nintendo could possibly top that for third gen, and they didn't. Combined with the lack of the ability to port 2nd gen Pokemon to 3rd gen and a lot of people rightfully quit.

Well, to be honest, each generation only tends to bring about 20 or so Pokemon that are actually good to the table, and figuring out which 20 are those Pokemon is part of the fun, IMO. Also, using something subpar effectively is always a blast, and the more Pokemon there are, the more likely there will be something to fill your niche. If only they'd stop reusing the same designs over and over again. I want some dragons that aren't 4x weak to ice =P

Also, Bigboi, I'd like to note that the 100 new Pokemon in GSC were by far the weakest and most uninteresting set they ever made. Basically the only good ones in GSC were ones designed for stalling, like Skarmory and Blissey. The vast majority of the new Pokemon in GSC were absolutely terrible.

Remember Kricketune? Dude still has his cry in my mind.

Judging from the amount of Pokemon we get every generation, I can guess that we'll have at least 600 Pokemon in total for the 5th generation.

At this rate, we'll eventually end up with several thousand of them altogether before Pokemon finally finishes (if it does).

Count the fully evolved pokemon, and it's only really around 50 or 60.

CHIKKAKABORRRA

Unless I see some grass types with another secondary type then I might go out and get it. Considering that we have a new generation means new move sets to pass on to my grass pokemon.

Pokemon hasn't been cool since G/S/C. Seriously. Adding more Pokemon isn't gonna help that.

Apparently, Pokemon games with the same features improved(plus more) aren't cool.

To be honest, Platinum was a nice treat. Have you ever played it?

Seriously? As if the 4th gens' designs weren't lame enough.

I dunno. I'm not a huge fan of Pokemon, so I don't tend to notice the design in each generation, but I do wonder if your opinion isn't shaped by nostalgia. Whenever I see, say, Lucario, he seems to have just as good of a design as Bulbasaur or Pikachu or Alakazam ect. ect.

Let's say the batch of Pokemon featured in D/P/P were instead in the first Pokemon games back in 1996, in the place of the original 150. Do you honestly think those games would've been any less successful?

Okay, I admit some of the designs of the newer generations are decent and good looking. I just think the lot of them look really strange and weird looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back