"IMPOSSIBLE WITH DOOM ENGINE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
Well, most people say that it's litterally impossible to make floors over floors with the doom engine, therefore it's not really 3D. If thats true, than how come Srb2 can do floors over floors?

Many things are possible when your game has tons of Sensation-Heightening Interactive Technology!

SSNTails said:
Many things are possible when your game has tons of Sensation-Heightening Interactive Technology!

hehehe. I wonder if any of you guys will get this joke. XD

Sonict

Sensation Heightening Interactive Technology
Otherwise known as ****
Hahahahaha

"True 3D" does not have a set definition. To some, there is no such thing, since a 2D screen cannot contain real "3D" objects.

Obviously FOF is very possible in the Doom engine; it just requires tweaking. (ala SRB2, Legacy, ZDoom, etc.)

S3&K has wonderfully done backgrounds that use depth perception and shifting layers of varying amounts that convey a sense of 3d, in a 2d game. :/

It all depends on who you are, and what your looking for.

My personal definition of 3D is anything that uses models and/or terrain and stuff. SRB2 isn't real 3D 'cause it's really just a hack of a 2D mapping system. That's how I look at it, anyways.

SRB2 based off the Skulltag port would be awesome, but I can only imagine how difficult it would be to switch ports at this stage in development.

If you just used the values built to create linedef executors as values for extra functions, you can implement (almost) as many features in the reading program as you want. You just have to edit the Doom configuration file to write the proper tags for the program to read, and allow the game to accept values from those used to build a linedef executor.

-Skulltag's Launcher would be nice.
That's about all I can think of, I just started using the Skulltag port, and playing doom itself so I'll have to get back to you on that.

The way Zdoom can add wads sooo easily is nice: just drag the wadfile over Zdoom.exe

Only really framerate. I can imagine some slopes being nice, but eventually someone's going to make the spritual Rocky Pass completely out of slopes. :( I've reallythought SRb2 was better without 'em.

But yeah, if you could slope 3D Blocks, NSZ2 would really look nice. :D

Uncapped framerate is sexy, but I think too many things are dependent on the framerate for it to be easily done. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back