Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
mcnair111.jpg

TENN TITANS, GO!

I think it is, because the title song is sometimes played in Japanese. Also, it looks a bit like anime.

I think you should edit the title. It should say: Is Teen Titans a Japanese Cartoon?

Teen Titans is not a Japanese show. It's an American show produced entirely by Cartoon Network. The artists have drawn it using heavy anime influences so that everyone would go "Look! Japanese!". For that same reason, they use a J-pop song for the title theme.

However, it's not Japanese.

Other American cartoons have used that effect, such as Megas XLR and Totally Spies.

Yeah, that's going to be the future of western animation.

What started the anime craze here in the US anyway? Was it that Toonami block that aired on Cartoon Network?

EDIT: never mind, it was that Akira movie that started all of this :D

The anime craze has been ongoing since long before Cartoon Network or "that Akira movie". I could name dozens of anime that were here before Akira that had a hand in making anime popular in American culture. It's pointless to try to narrow it down to one cause.

furyhunter600 said:
and i had no idea people here watched Ctoon network...

My name is
Shake Zula
The mic ruler
The old schooler
You wanna trip?
I'll bring it to ya!

I like CN's daytime lineup too, but I miss the old Warner Bros. and Hanna-Barbara cartoons.

I hated the old, repetitive crap x.x.
---
Meatwad gets the money, see?
Meatwad gets the honeys, g
Drivin in my car, livin like a star.
Ice on my fingers and my toes and I'm a taurus..

See? Everyone watches CN, especially adult swim :P

Walan said:
furyhunter600 said:
I like CN's daytime lineup too, but I miss the old Warner Bros. and Hanna-Barbara cartoons.

They need to bring back the Steve Spielberg presents... cartoons. They're one of the few American Cartoons that can kick anime's arse anyday. Well, at least in humor anyway.

a441 said:
I miss watching Top Cat at 5 am.

You and me both. It'll probably be forever before they carry the Boomerang channel out here.

I did get to watch the Pac-Man cartoon back when Boomerang was on CN. That was...interesting.

Being a very big fan of cartoons, I will watch nearly anything on Cartoon Network, aside from the Nick-Jr.-esque things that they put up semi-recently (Such as Baby Looney Tunes, ect.) Even Foster's Home for Imagninary Friend's has recently found a very big place in my heart. *snuggles Bloo, gets thwacked*

A lot of the stuff on CN nowadays is a lot better then it used to be, by the way. Given the huge budget raise they got, they now produce high-quality animation in select shows, as well as spending alot of their money to make those cool commercials. It's even surpassing Nick in terms of quality, which 7 or 8 years ago most people would've thought was impossible.

And as for their adult swim block, all I'm saying is that I hope that when the new Family Guy episodes arrive, they premeir on CN as *well* as Fox, instead of just Fox. On a side note, has anyboduy heard the deal on how Matt Groeing is in talks with Fox about reviving Futurama? God, I hope it happens.

Walan said:
My name is
Shake Zula
The mic ruler
The old schooler
You wanna trip?
I'll bring it to ya!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Aqua Teen Hunger Force roxers!

Anyway, ur right Omega, Ctoon network HAS gotten better with it's shows, only problem is that they KEEP ON getting new shows from KidsWB *shrugs* like Static Shock and Teen Titans, and even Whats New Scooby Doo

Yeah, apparently CN has gotten more social with companies latley as well. For example: :roll:

1. They sold Cramp Twins to Fox Box
2. They sold Teen Titans to Kids WB
3. They bought Static Shock from Kids WB
4. They bought Family Guy from Fox
5. They bought Futurama from Fox
6. They have sponsered ads for Sonic X on their network o_o;
7. They occasionally have connections with Nick Mag
8. They bought the rights to Scooby Doo from Hanna Barbera so that they could make new episodes

Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back