Anyone else occasionaly just visit these forums to see how they've grown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D00D pretty much just put into words what we were all thinking, and I wouldn't call that "baiting" as much as pointing out how factually incorrect your post was.
Though for the record, if he actually thought he might get an infraction for that post he should have asked one of us about it via PM or IRC before making it.

Obviously, and by not doing so he's opening himself up to getting infracted should he have broken the rules, which he really didn't.

No wonder people rarely come here now, some people even think SRB2 is dead. I can't blame them for thinking that. Not everyone can play SRB2 and check the forum too. And as such, people that only play SRB2 and do not check the forum are leaving.

You couldn't be farther than the truth. I have the actual data and I can tell you that you are by FAR the person with the most active infractions amongst people who have been here for longer than a year. The spike of infractions you're seeing is your personal bias. Searching the data doesn't show the trend you're suggesting.

D00D pretty much just put into words what we were all thinking, and I wouldn't call that "baiting" as much as pointing out how factually incorrect your post was.

I wasn't saying that I wasn't the person with the most infractions, I was just saying that other ppl have been getting infractions as well, not that I'm
D00D64 said:
basically one of the only ones getting infractions
All I know is that I've seen a lot more red text than when this place was in its heyday, nothing to do with bias. Whether or not what D00D said was true, he's had a real tendency to prick raw nerves to start something, my infractions are the business of moderators and I. I believe most of the problems surrounding them have been cleared up anyway, so why open wounds? Anyway, discussing what he brought up, whatever the position, is only letting him hijack the point of this topic for the sake of an 'entertaining' argument. Let's just forget about it and get back on track shall we?

I realise that there are a lot of people who just sit on the index page waiting for something to happen. We need more ppl to be leaders than followers, I know I actively try to make a post every time I'm on. I find it's me who will stir a stagnant sub-forum to try to stimulate it. I find the General Discussion section particularly useful when there's a lack of things to discuss about SRB2. The Coliseum used to provide a lot of activity, but I think it tore down more than it built up, I'm glad it's gone. However, I find that a lot of us have a wide variety of interests and talents, so I think we could have a wide array of interesting topics in the General Discussion. Just because this is the SRB2MB, we can talk about things other than SRB2. I think we sometimes we have a chronic case of detachment, we tend to only view each other on terms of being another person interested in SRB2, but personally, I've taken some time to try to get to know some other community members on a more personal basis and I've found that connecting with people and making friends is a lot more exciting than discussing SRB2 (or getting into arguments). We have a real tendency to talk back and forth with each other on a daily basis, but we don't really know anything about each other besides what's posted and that the person in question likes SRB2. My suggestion, if you're bored, go IRC (Private Message) someone you are in constant contact on the MB with, but really don't know much about, and get to know them a little bit. But I recommend not being creepy, "So, how old are you?" is not a good ice breaking statement. :P

Last edited:
No wonder people rarely come here now, some people even think SRB2 is dead. I can't blame them for thinking that. Not everyone can play SRB2 and check the forum too. And as such, people that only play SRB2 and do not check the forum are leaving.

I agree with you because I know people that think SRB2 is dead, besides that you can check out the Master Server and see clearly it's not the same like it was for example the last years. Since 2009 up today, it has been a long time and much of those people as you said, don't check out the forums. I've been in SRB2 since 2007 when 1.09.4 was the latest one and discovered the forums after a few months, but I can't confirm if it was the same as it is now, because during that time I didn't know anything about Netplays and currently I don't play online. I'm very much interested about the main Single Player campaign, as such, I'm waiting 2.1 and I'm sure the release will decrease the lack of activity and much better if the OLDC comes back.

Last edited:
I haven't visited this forum in like a year or two, I guess that says something. This is my first post here in like forever.

I haven't visited this forum in like a year or two, I guess that says something. This is my first post here in like forever.

There was a point in time where I left for a long while, it's not terribly unusual for people to leave and come back. But if it means anything, welcome back!

We need more ppl to be leaders than followers, I know I actively try to make a post every time I'm on. I find it's me who will stir a stagnant sub-forum to try to stimulate it.

so we need more people to bring activity to a dead forum by posting shitty flamebait half of the time?

ok

so we need more people to bring activity to a dead forum by posting shitty flamebait half of the time?

ok

The irony that your statement was flame-bait is quite hilarious. Anyway, let's try to put the past behind us, my days as a hell-raiser are over.
I've tried to mend the wrongs I've done to other people in the past. But unfortunately, most people only saw the bad side of things that have happened, and continue to judge me because of it.
If you want any idea of the position I'm in, watch this movie clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYbwQoq9XfI

The point is that there are plenty of things besides SRB2 that could be discussed, and shanking someone in the ribs shouldn't be one of them, I know I've done it in the past, but I've decided that I've
been a real jerk in the past and I've tried to mend what I've broken, so please bare with me.

Last edited:
Did anyone, 4 years ago, imagine things would go this downhill.
Cause I didn't. This is even sadder.
Man to think Breaking Bad happened in this entire timespan and it kept steady throughout. Really thought provoking stuff here.

Did anyone, 4 years ago, imagine things would go this downhill.
Cause I didn't. This is even sadder.
Man to think Breaking Bad happened in this entire timespan and it kept steady throughout. Really thought provoking stuff here.

What about fixing good?
No, seriously, why haven't you fixed that signature in all this time?

I don't usually come here often, mostly just for 2.1 previews, though I started coming frequently in the past two months for whatever reason. Probably since this place is one of the better communities I've seen on the internet.

So, here's a bit of weird nostalgia for me.

I got high-speed and reliable Internet for the first time after leaving for college. Being a long-time Sonic fan, I joined The GHZ forums and, a few months after that, the forums here. It sounds silly now, but the concept of posting a message as a part of a larger discussion was mountain-fresh and exciting for me. I'm pretty lucky to have joined during the time that I did, around the time of a major update for this game, and the forum was hopping with a lot of long-time users and newcomers like myself. I remember a lot of the interesting and sometimes-volatile-but-fun personalities who used to frequent here. I remember critiquing movies, sharing artwork, discussing weighty matters of the day in the Coliseum, being strangely enamored concerning the baffling popularity of My Little Pony, and arguing about every single little shred of new Sonic material. Even though I was never really interested in SRB2 aside from some of the custom maps, it was a lot of fun to just be here on the general discussion boards.

I rarely visit here anymore, and I don't think I've played SRB2 in over two years. I've moved onto visiting and participating on other websites. Still, I've never really recaptured that initial fascination and exhilaration, that sense of unlimited possibility, as when I first entered the online world here and at The GHZ, as lame as that sounds. I guess my point is, I've carried a lot of nostalgia for this place for many reasons.

Last edited:
I mostly go on to see the latest updates. Also, my typing skills has improved a ton ever since I first signed up to the forums.

I just go on the "New Posts" page and reply to any topics that interests me, I also lurk occasionally.
Same here man. I lurk here most likely when I have no idea of a thread to post anywhere nor what to post a reply to about in any thread. Though I'm doing other things that I don't really think I can really catch up in other things, like uploading art to DeviantART. I'm slowly uploading things there.

I can say that I've grown up since I joined the fourms myself.

Most of the time, I usually lurk just because I really don't play SRB2 anymore. One reason can be that I play Steam more then any other game on the PC (doukutsu doesn't count), and another reason can be because of the community itself. I guess I just ain't used to playing such a old game anymore.

We need more ppl to be leaders than followers, I know I actively try to make a post every time I'm on. I find it's me who will stir a stagnant sub-forum to try to stimulate it. I find the General Discussion section particularly useful when there's a lack of things to discuss about SRB2.

Oh my god I can't believe this is something that someone actually went and posted on the internet regarding a sonic fangame forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back