• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lunch Base Zone - Now with less suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaS3K

NEVAR FORGET
Moderator Notice:
Use submissions to release wads.

Here it is, my first level. I made this because I wanted to make something different, and because Ezer.Arch is bored. It's a picnic-themed level designed with one thing in mind... INSANITY. It's quite small, so expect a mad dash to get all the emeralds(oh, and they're aren't many rings around, to keep the Attraction Shield from being too godly).

Host, rate and comment pl0x.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad, not bad at all.
But, uh... the water hole that doesn't have a little tunnel in it... well
once you go in the colors are BLACK AND WHITE... o_o?

Last edited:
Not bad, not bad at all.
But, uh... the water hole that doesn't have a little tunnel in it... well
once you go in the colors are BLACK AND WHITE... o_o?

That's supposed to be milk, and the box thing with the DoomShip textures is a knocked-over milk carton. I'm thinking about changing the colormap to make it look like orange soda, but the only orange FALL textures are for lava, and well... lava is bad. Orange soda is not.

That's supposed to be milk, and the box thing with the DoomShip textures is a knocked-over milk carton. I'm thinking about changing the colormap to make it look like orange soda, but the only orange FALL textures are for lava, and well... lava is bad. Orange soda is not.

OH!
Well, thats funny.
AND I KNOW THAT FANGAME, I JUST DIDN'T GET FAR IN IT!(ok, i couldn't get past the Icecap Zone...<_<)
Edit: Sure, Orange soda is good, BUT THE CITRUS CAN POSSIBLY HURT YOU!

Last edited:
Same here falcon, I couldn't get past MMZ2. I just made a sandwich to practice stacking FOFs, remembered WTGB, and thought a picnic level named Lunch Base would be cool.

Well here's stuff you should fix:
1.How is the sandwich floating in air? make it atleast on plate
2.Emeralds are too easy to find,make it a little hard to find
3.Why is the milk on ground? it should be inside glass(or whatever it is called)
And also this map is too small for match

Well here's stuff you should fix:
1.How is the sandwich floating in air? make it atleast on plate
2.Emeralds are too easy to find,make it a little hard to find
3.Why is the milk on ground? it should be inside glass(or whatever it is called)
And also this map is too small for match

1. I'll tell you how: MAGIC!
2. The idea is to cause frantic fighting over the emeralds.
3. You got me there. The reason it's in a ditch is so I could mess with waterfalls.

Also, I posted it in Submissions, go comment there.

You know that only Judges (Devs/Admins/Mods) and the author can see topics in Submissions, right?

Also, this map is horrible. First things first, the map is way too small and has way too few stuff. Second, the texturing is really inconsistent and ugly. And finally, the item placement also is very bad, with the strongest weapons being the easiest to get, and a lack of rings on the normal grass.
However, it's good to know that you can stack multiple FOFs. That doesn't save this map from being an abomination, though.

OK, I'll make it bigger and add more stuff. And the reason I posted it here was to get feedback on the item placement.

fd5cus.png

See that ledge all the way over there? That's the Grenade ring spawn. Try getting to there without getting shot down.

Yeah, good luck with that.

I like the idea of this level, but the bad parts are the rooms (there's an empty one) and you get there in small hallways where you can be easily shot. And there's a small, empty room that I found. Try to put gimmiks that keep you moving and avoiding being shot by other players.

Well, I was planning on reintroducing suck in the form of a vacuum cleaner in that room, and generally adding more height variation and Thing-based scenery.

Alright, you guys are half-right. WTGB was originally a webcomic, I believe, and then the author made a poor TGF game of it. Why do I know this? It said so in the README.

As for level, I think milk would be fine. But I'm not sure what colormap would make it look like you're in milk, because I don't know what milk looks like when you're... in it. QUICK SOMEONE GO MAKE A MILK POOL AND SOLVE SCIENCE

Milk isn't a liquid you can see through, so swimming in it doesn't sound like a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back