Sonic Nitro Adventure (Huge Update + New Demo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people have said "Awesome game, When's the full?" Stuff like that.
So my whole post just went completely over your head. I just explained why this does not necessarily mean you have a quality product. When are you going to start taking my posts seriously? It's not as if I want you to fail, otherwise I wouldn't be here trying to convince you to improve your game.

Well I'm finishing off my engine and will make a video showing it off, Though it's now a lot like Sonic 06. Without the glitches + loading screens. It is much much much better now.

You must be using that rare alternate meaning of "I have changed nearly everything" that one only uses when they've only changed the graphics being used in a demo. I'm still just as unimpressed as I was before. Everything that was wrong with this game is still wrong with it. Acceleration is still ludicrously slow, speed boosters and spindash are still completely ineffective, and everyone on Youtube is still slavishly praising it for reasons I have yet to identify. The only thing that seems "next-gen" about this game is how buggy it is.

So I tried this new demo... And I gotta say, this game has definitely improved...

Rego, I don't know if you programed the physics of this game, or not, but they are excellent. Especially convincing is Sonic's rate of acceleration. I also like how Sonic's top speed isn't a zillion miles per hour.

I noticed that you played down the dash panels in this demo. That's good. In all the situations where they were used, however, Sonic was fast enough on his own to progress through the level.

The graphics and sounds, though pulled from existing games, are used very harmoniously. The level theme is excellent, as I've stated before. Congradulations on composing such a pleasant tune.

You did have several multiple paths, as promised, including ones that that can be accessed at any time, and those that depend on proper homing-attack maneuvers. I personally don't like 2D Sonic games with the homing attack, but you've integrated it well enough that it's not a major issue.

If you are going to have the homing attack, it should target springs and item boxes as well, not just enemies. Sonic's sliding attack is nice, but should also break wooden boxes. Also, sometimes when I tried to spin dash, I ended up jumping instead. I'm sure that's just a little glitch or my mistake.

The lack of interactive gimmicks (aside from rails and the wall-jumping walls) is a little troubling, but this is one level in a demo. I'll look forward to what you decide to do with future levels. On a somewhat similar note, enemies should pose a bigger danger and function more than just homing attack targets.

Very good job overall. I feel you're 80% there to building a solid foundation for your fan-game. Therefore, you earn my rating of 4/5.

One more piece of advice: If somebody offers you constructive criticism, seriously consider it. It's fun to bask in uncritical praise, but that won't improve your game.

My game is what it is, If you don't like it then don't play it.
^ That was really Oxymoron. And plus, This game has really got better, there is only one flaw really, i'm tired (and others) of Sonic advance sprites, please use some Classic sonic sprites, other than that, i am going to play this some more.

Link Mah Boi

Reply to Wombatwarlord777
I use a 360 Movement tutorial that had left and right movement with no jump or anything, it had no acceleration. I wanted to make it a platformer with a bit of speed. You can't use homing on Boxes/Spring because it glitches badly, Because of the way the coding is made and if I change the coding the engine won't work. I tried to keep the first level as simple as possible, That's why the enemies don't do anything but there are enemies that shoot/move and do other things. Thanks ^^ I feel really happy I finally made something decent that people like.

Reply To Link Mah Boi
I use advance sprites because their the closest thing to this generation, And I never really liked the classic sprites. Thanks ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back