Missiles, Monitors, and Star Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehRealSalt

(σᴥσ)
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
I'm doing a little silly project, but I came across something I don't really know how I could solve. Right now I'm aiming at it being SOC only, because I have no knowledge of Lua (I can understand it, but I'm lost when it comes to me creating it from scratch).

I basically made the player a missile by giving it the flag "MF_MISSILE", because I want him to act as if it is always spinning and so that it has no friction. I tried to force it into spinning frames and give it a type of invincibility to make it seem that it's always spinning, but it doesn't have the zero friction I'm looking for.

Although MF_MISSILE works fine for the most part, I cannot use it to detect Star Posts, nor can I destroy Monitors (even if they have MF_SHOOTABLE). I got around Rings and the CTF Flags by messing around with object flags, it doesn't appear that I can just give the Monitors/Star Posts some flags to make them work.

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention that I'd need springs to be fixed as well. I am also willing to stray away for SOC, if required.

Last edited:
I basically made the player a missile by giving it the flag "MF_MISSILE"
You do not comprehend what you are toying with, mortal.

And neither do I. Manipulating the player mobj with SOC is always a total crapshoot, and you really don't know what will happen when you try anything. Lua has more options for producing the results you want since you can directly manipulate player flags with it, but you're still getting into some real hairy stuff regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back