SRB2 Doom Builder Mega Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before anyone says the wiki is a great place for the answer to this question, I've checked the wiki and followed the instructions, it still isn't working.

I'm trying to make a level in the SRB2 Doom Builder, and so far the beginning of the stage is working well (no thok barrier or changed title card yet, I wanna finish the level first), and the theme is a bit of an underground temple. However, at one point I want a water current to make the thing a bit harder, but whenever I put in a current (Follow the wiki's instructions), the map refuses to save and crashes.
I personally think it might be due to a FOF set up above the water, but the pool itself works perfectly.

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate, can someone please help me?

Let me check...

Runtime Error 5: Invalid procedure or arguement.

What a coincidence, as soon as I make this topic it stops crashing.

But yeah, the Runtime Error 5 is my problem.

And now to make the current go the other way...

EDIT: Ummm... What the heck? I got the linedef pointing the way I want it to go (V) but Sonic's being pushed the wrong way... (^)

What did I do now? the current is working fine apart from that... O.o

Qtheman232 said:
Doom Builder is really screwy with Vista - even though your problem is fixed, it'll most likely return.

Anyways, as for the current going in the wrong direction, that's just how SRB2 works. Set it up as if you wanted it to go up and the player will move down.

Kaysakado said:
Qtheman232 said:
Doom Builder is really screwy with Vista - even though your problem is fixed, it'll most likely return.

Anyways, as for the current going in the wrong direction, that's just how SRB2 works. Set it up as if you wanted it to go up and the player will move down.

I've worked my way around the first current going the wrong way by changing the layout, but on another current I want I tried what you said but Sonic is still forced in the wrong direction.

In the end, if it still won't work, I can pull off a sharp corner to make him go diagonally around said area.

EDIT: Like you said, the error returned. Right in the middle of saving another backup. Forunately, the only change between the backups at that time are minimal (sp?).

A bit offtopic here, but you might want to put that thok barrier in now. Unless of course you want to re-texture most all of your walls when your done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back