The Legend of Korra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

PH2010072101594.jpg
Promo_of_Korra_bending.png

If you haven't been paying attention, the Legend of Korra has been airing on TV since April 14th. It is the sequel to a highly acclaimed show named "Avatar: The Last Airbender". The story is about an Avatar named Korra, who has already learned three of the elements. She needs to learn the final elements, air, before she has mastered all four. To learn air bending, she travels to Republic City and stays with Aang's son, Tenzin. The story unfolds from there.

The first two episodes and available in HD for free off the iTunes store. You can stream more episodes off of Nick's site IIRC.

I took advantage of the iTunes deal. I downloaded and watched both episodes on my iPod. So far, the episodes have been upholding the incredibly quality the previous show has had. The characters, the art, and the music are all top notch. I know some people have been avoiding TV lately since there hasn't been a worthwhile show in a while, but this is something you need to watch.

Last edited:
"This new avatar is not only a girl, but also hot-headed, independent and ready to take on the world."

Holy shit, it's like we're really in the 80s again, when that was supposed to be groundbreaking.

This is amazing, They saved them selves from M. Night's Shaylam-something whatever's movie.

ok ok, but seriously, this is amazing, I look forward to seeing this.

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Epic

Avatar - Dances with Smurfs... IN HD!!!!, not really as good as most people claim but it's still decent.

The Last Airbender (M. Night's movie)- Has recieved lower scores than DB:E.

Legend of Korra - THANK YOU SWEET JESUS, ARCEUS, AND THOR! YOU GUYS RULE!

Legend of Zel-oh... Korra, please shoot me.

I don't know the ending to the original Avatar, so I need to watch it before this. Hope this makes up for that piece of poopy movie.

I'm pretty sure you're going to Hell for that.
But which hell? I named 3 deities because they'd have to have an epic spritualistic battle to decide where I go. and even then it's a 2/3 shot I'm unaffected via non-belief.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010...avatar-the-last-airbender-on-the-new-spinoff/
Well I guess since nobody posted this yet I guess I will. It looks like Nickelodeon is chopping up a sequel to the "Last Airbender" series (Which seems to be one of it's popular shows) that takes place 75 years after the Last Airbender thingy. From what I heard, this is going to be about an Avatar named Korra (Yes, she is a god damn girl) that has mastered all elements except air and she needs to find an airbending teacher. From the looks of it, the Avatar fanbase is going nuts but I don't see what's there to be so happy about. Anyways, discussion please?

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010...avatar-the-last-airbender-on-the-new-spinoff/
Well I guess since nobody posted this yet I guess I will. It looks like Nickelodeon is chopping up a sequel to the "Last Airbender" series (Which seems to be one of it's popular shows) that takes place 75 years after the Last Airbender thingy. From what I heard, this is going to be about an Avatar named Korra (Yes, she is a god damn girl) that has mastered all elements except air and she needs to find an airbending teacher. From the looks of it, the Avatar fanbase is going nuts but I don't see what's there to be so happy about. Anyways, discussion please?

Well, as for the whole "Avatar being a female" issue, I see nothing wrong.

Also, being that it's Nick, they're going to try incorporating Aang to teach Korra.

What did you guys think of the live-action version of “The Last Airbender”?

Konietzko:
We’re just really focused on this new show right now, and kind of taking this off in its own direction and not concerning ourselves with that right now.
Something tells me they didn't like it, they just don't want to admit it. :P

But yeah, the spin-off looks promising. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I don't really care that the new Avatar is female. I'm actually a little more worried that the character seems older than Aang was in the original series.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I really hope it will be a worthy follow-up to The Last Airbender.

Impossible, if she controls more than 1 element, that means she's an Avatar in learning, which means the one before her needs to be dead.

You do know that the avatar can communicate to his/her previous incarnations right? Aang did it a couple times in the original series.

So technically speaking, Yea, he's dead, but his spirit is still around to be summoned by the next avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back