Youtube now charging money to download sponserd videos..uh o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Do you agree with this?
I don't,but I think there is a way around this using some downloading software add-ons for Firefox.

I mean...we have to PAY to download a video...something that says "Hi I'm now a youtube sponsor" is 99 cents? >_>

I don't really understand how this is bad. Most people just watch the video on YouTube anyway. Plus, it's just a measly 99 cents, so just think iTunes.

Chisuun said:
I don't really understand how this is bad. Most people just watch the video on YouTube anyway. Plus, it's just a measly 99 cents, so just think iTunes.

Yes but thats a song...a video that 17 seconds long should not be charged 99 cents. >_>

(Note:I'm not used to Itunes either)

This?

Hardly anything special, paying to download, big deal, it means people can actually earn some cash. I can't believe how "OMG NO" everyone seems to be towards actually paying for anything that isn't from some massive company these days, oh wow you have to pay for something, it's a way for people who can't make big movies to make a quick buck, it's not like it concerns you in any way considering it'd be illegal to charge for downloads of most of the stuff on Youtube anything.

Basically, the creator can setup a download charge from what I read, a 17 second video doesn't have to be downloaded, it can still be watched on Youtube... >_>

Waste of money when you can download them using certain tools or simply screen-record them. Again, some people fail to realize that the Personal Computer lets you do a lot of things. Attempting to block out the inevitable (pirating software, for instance) will only make you look like a huge prat. I say remove the forced pay-to-download (that is easily circumvented anyway), and replace with a Donate button.

FoxBlitzz said:
Waste of money when you can download them using certain tools or simply screen-record them. Again, some people fail to realize that the Personal Computer lets you do a lot of things. Attempting to block out the inevitable (pirating software, for instance) will only make you look like a huge prat. I say remove the forced pay-to-download (that is easily circumvented anyway), and replace with a Donate button.

Seriously this is what I'm saying.
Everyone can get around the paying thing...its more like a waste of an effort.

Donation works better too..so you can pay any amount.

Is this download (as in, save as, choose folder) or download (into temp files)?

If it's the former, then I never knew you COULD download from YT. I just watch the videos and get the video file from my temp files.

Youtube is getting more and more commercial. I honestly think that's the opposite of what it should be, but it's not like there's anything stopping them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back