Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I guess that was kind of a stupid question of mine. I'm trying to get a basic boss theme down to then make a remix for each zone from, but I can't seem to make anything sonic-ish at the moment. I guess I'll finish up Drowned Downtown Act 1, and start Fume Shaft Act 1, those are the ones I have best inspiration for. I have to postpone Gritty Columns Act 2 music because of computer problems, though. I was almost done with it too. :(

By the way, I was just playing Fume Shaft Act 1, and I just want to say that it is the most well designed level ever!

Really? That's a totally unexpected compliment, as Fume Shaft is actually one of my least favorite zones (in my opinion, better than Spacewalk and Alien Armageddon but nothing else). But I certainly would never tell you how to view my levels; I'm glad you like it!

Really? That's a totally unexpected compliment, as Fume Shaft is actually one of my least favorite zones (in my opinion, better than Spacewalk and Alien Armageddon but nothing else). But I certainly would never tell you how to view my levels; I'm glad you like it!

I don't know, but with the tunnels under the acid, the fan platforms, and all that, it's just really fun to play. And it's really cool to have a new enemy in it too.

Hey, Charybdizs, I was curious if you could give us an update on the progress of your soundtrack. I would love to hear more if any additional tracks are now available.

It was coming along really well, I had Gritty Columns Act 2 60% done, and Drowned Downtown 99% done, but between Windows 7 and crap like that, I'm having some problems with my music program, so as soon as I sort that out I'll be able to finish them. Sorry for taking so long on these 2, I've had no end of trouble with my computer.

I really hope the music your making for Liftoff Gantry isn't going to change that much from what it is now, I like Egg Rock Zone's music and it fits the level theme well, IMO. :3

I probably will stick very close to that. I actually haven't reached Liftoff Gantry Zone yet in the game, I've been playing some of the old contest levels at the moment. I'm quite a fan of Egg Rock Zones music anyways.

Oh man, I'm so proud of the music I'm making for Drowned Downtown, I can't wait to finish it up and show you all. Expect it within the day, as I just solved my computer problems finally.

I really like the custom music that Charybdizs are making for TP.
and Fawfulfan... which improvements we will find in TP v9.0? Only some level design changes in GCZ1?

Thanks, glad you like it. I'll probably add one more section onto it very soon.

By the way, I have a question, it's about Snowcap Nimbus. You see, I'm just having some trouble deciding what type of music to make it, there's so much possibilities for snow music. Here were a few of my ideas, with links to songs that show the style I'm talking about.

I could make it a ice cave styled sort of song, like this,

Or I could make it a majestic sounding sky/mountain themed song, like this,

Or I could make it a Christmas type song, like this.

and then there is the regular snow theme, like Midnight Freeze Zones Original music, or Icecap Zone, something like that. Or, if you have any ideas of your own. There's just so many different ways I could go with this, I don't really know what to do with it.

I've got a better idea? :3
Well, actually, that's barely ice cave/sky mountain-ish...
Edit: Wow, Fawfulfan is no longer that community veteran n00b, how did I miss that?
Edit 2: This song is actually for FAST speedruns if you ask me, as in, alot faster than srb2 can get to.

Last edited:
Mmmh, I do have to say I like that one. Yours choice of instruments still feels a bit un-SRB2-y though, if you know what I mean. I don't really know how to fix that, except for toying around a bit with instruments, but maybe somebody else can help you there. For this song, I think the piano should be replaced by some more electronic-sounding. (Also, where is the bassline? City themes ALWAYS have a funky bassline :P)

I agree about the bassline, but don't change the piano...I like that.

And regarding Snowcap Nimbus, here's what I think the ideal would be. You know the music for Ice Cap Zone? The one that was also remixed for the SRB1 Remake? I was hoping Snowcap Nimbus might sound a little like that, except slightly more ethereal and insubstantial.

Last edited:
I've just given another look at the list of songs needed. It seems that if charybdizs' going to make the whole soundtrack, he's going to have to need 2 remixes of each zone.
1= The act 1 song
2= The act 2 song
3= The song of the match level based on the zone.
That's alot of work. That probably means theres still alot of time before version 9 comes out.

For file size reasons, I'm not sure that making remixes for all of the match stages is really a good idea. Creating seperate tunes for each level of Tortured Planet will already dramatically increase the file size of the wad and creating match stage versions of the songs will only serve to boost it further when either the act 1 or act 2 version of the new songs will serve their purpose just fine in the match levels.

Well, for Snowcap Nimbus i suggest you make a better remix of it. I love Snowcap Nimbus 2 song and I keep singing the two acts together. The idea I keep in mind is such a mix of many songs I have heard.

For file size reasons, I'm not sure that making remixes for all of the match stages is really a good idea. Creating seperate tunes for each level of Tortured Planet will already dramatically increase the file size of the wad and creating match stage versions of the songs will only serve to boost it further when either the act 1 or act 2 version of the new songs will serve their purpose just fine in the match levels.

Of course, you could always keep the music in a separate wad so you don't have to redownload it every time there's an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back