Super Mario Galaxy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another epic Mario game. Looks like Yoshi is in the game, cry for joy! The second player seems to be Yoshi's tongue which is so nice,

Can you link me a video, I can't find one on google.

I hated SMG 2 player style. As the 2 player had the same abilitys as the 1st player making the 2nd player worthless.

Trailer can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DX7jQvq6EI

Honestly, this came as quite a surprise to me. Nintendo said there was going to be a Mario game at E3, and behind those pre-show curtains you could barely make out the words for "Super Mario Bros. Wii". When I found out that they had two Mario games, and with Yoshi to boot, I was all like "Holy crap!".

To be frank, I don't understand the people who are whining about this being a sequel. People complained that the first Galaxy was too short. And yes, I was one of those people. But now some folks are upset that Nintendo is giving us more of what we want. Seriously, what? Galaxy 2 is going to provide everything the first game didn't, and more. It's been a while since I've been legitimately excited about Nintendo titles. Good work, Ninty. You're actually producing games now.

Oh, and thank you for breaking the habit about only having one blockbuster Mario game per system. I've always wanted to be back in the days of the NES and SNES where we had multiple Mario titles coming out for each generation. It's more fun this way. I don't think I can ever get bored of playing through hundreds of crazy levels.

the trailer is promising

From the trailer the game is going to be really good I can't wait for it to be out

I figured you'd get a kick out of Yoshi sharing some spotlight this E3, Foxblitzz. :p

I'd have to agree with just about everything you've said. As far as I'm concerned, the way these sequels appear to be shaping is more than welcome on my console. It's been too long since I was last 100% comfortable buying a game knowing it'll be worth my money, so SMG2 and SMB Wii take the cake for me.

The SMG2 trailer made me smile. It also appears the soundtrack is being made in favor of the predecessor's, so here's to hoping we get some more live orchestrations.

I liked the trailer, but I'm scared that it would just be TOO smiler to the first one, I'm still going to get it but I'm more looking forward to the New super Mario bros Wii (Mainly for the co-op but that's beside the point). also Yoshi kicks ass so I'm going to get it either way.

They say it'll be less geared toward new players and more geared toward longtime Mario fans. Suffice to say, we can expect increased difficulty. And on top of this, Yoshi! We haven't rode on him since 2002.

I was rather surprised, this literally making my jaw drop. This is historic. The first 3D Mario game to have a sequel AND appear on the same console twice.

Fyrus said:
They say it'll be less geared toward new players and more geared toward longtime Mario fans. Suffice to say, we can expect increased difficulty. And on top of this, Yoshi! We haven't rode on him since 2002.

I was rather surprised, this literally making my jaw drop. This is historic. The first 3D Mario game to have a sequel AND appear on the same console twice.

Wrong...Mario party! I love how everyone ignores the spin-off games. :P

He's talking about Mario platformers. Most Mario spinoffs aren't platformers.

Yes! SMG is my favorite game on the Wii. And now they are making a sequel WITH Yoshi. I think my heart stopped when they showed it.

Yeah, I know with the new Sonic/Sega racing game, the new Metroid, and a SMG sequel. I just hope I can be patient.

Fyrus said:
Autosaver said:
Blue Warrior said:
He's talking about Mario platformers. Most Mario spinoffs aren't platformers.

Hes talking in general though. :P

3D Mario game

Totally failed. I did mean exactly what BW said.

I didn't fail, you failed to specify what kind of 3-D mario games.
Also Mario Party is a semi- Platformer(As certain minigame require you to jump from platform to platform to the finish line)

I can read your mind, (Meaning I know what you meant) But since you didn't specify what kind of 3-D mario game I played with you.(LOL..)

Is it just me, or is stupidity in this topic hitting a record high?

In any case, the trailer looked awesome, and I'm pretty hyped for this. I hope Nintendo fixes the small amount of hiccups that slightly bogged down SMG1 for this one.

Chisuun said:
Is it just me, or is stupidity in this topic hitting a record high?
In any case, the trailer looked awesome, and I'm pretty hyped for this. I hope Nintendo fixes the small amount of hiccups that slightly bogged down SMG1 for this one.

Nah, just fooling around. :P

I hope Nintendo fixes the small amount of hiccups that slightly bogged down SMG1 for this one.
I don't own SMG1, but I didn't notice any problems.(Besides they made a poor choice with COOP) So..what were the problems...or "hiccups" XD

Galaxy wasn't really story driven, as a good chunk of it seemed to just be optional. Also, the fact that your lives were reset with every reset was also somewhat annoying.

I loved the coop they stuck in Galaxy and I hope they keep/build on it for Galaxy 2.

Sonic 2 said:
Yeah, I know with the new Sonic/Sega racing game, the new Metroid, and a SMG sequel. I just hope I can be patient.
What do you mean new metroid. Do you mean prime 3 or a new one?

a solution to coop for SMG2

Well since they did not show Luigi, maybe they'll give us the option of a real coop with Luigi.

EDIT:Jacy, I mean Metroid: other M, check for the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back