OpenGL water issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

76Nova

This could just be me being a nub from my 1yr break, but openGL seems to be fine when I play (of course I've gotta play on a lower resolution) but, it seems that when the camera goes in water, I drop to 10-15 fps, and the game becomes almost unplayable. And, it's only the camera, when Sonic goes into the water it's fine.

I'm not too sure what's causing this, I spent some time poking around in 3D card options, and I couldn't seem to fix it myself.

The only real differences between the view being in water or not, is the ripple effect that takes place, or the obvious color that floods the view. (Most maps, if not all, do this) Try standing in a place that has color mapped to the area, and see if you drop in frame-rate.

well, now it seems as though I lag all the time. Shadows are basically blue, and there's a transparent square that mirrors my gameplay in the lower left corner. Shadows seem to be a window into that square.

I just got this computer, and haven't done anything to update graphics drivers (mainly because I don't know what I'm doing)

The only thing I know about it is it has a core i5. And if it means anything, I get a full 35 fps in software everywhere with no problem.

But, if it is my graphics drivers, can someone help me update them?

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk

As stated back in the original 2.1.14 release post...

Note: We are aware of an issue with OpenGL exhibiting odd effects in some resolutions, such as overlaying the screen on top of itself, or “ghosting”-like effects. If you encounter these issues, use the DirectDraw executable (srb2dd.exe) for playing in OpenGL mode.

SDL2 OpenGL has issues due to its incomplete state. If you want to use OpenGL, use the DirectDraw executable.

Ahh, thank you for that. I would've read through the post but for some reason, that thought never crossed my mind.

Anyways, I think I'll stay away from OpenGL in the meantime. Software has less faults visually (to me) than OpenGL.

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back