SRB2 Linux Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine is one of the owners of a gameserver hosting service. All their dedicated servers run Linux.
Should I use a SRB2Win server with Wine, or should I use SRB2Lin? Do SRB2Lin servers show up on the master server and are able to be played on by any Windows players?
Please help me; I'm quite confused.

If there is a thread on this already, please forgive me. I'm kinda lazy to search the forums.

A native SRB2 Linux server should be fine.

Thank you sir.
Other than that, is there anything else that I'm supposed to know about SRB2 Linux servers; since, after all, there are always bugs that can happen on a port of a game which don't happen on the original game.

Make sure you set the cpusleep, I think to 10? Otherwise it will use everything.

Also, I'm not sure if it works but we have -bindaddr which will (should) bind you to a specific IP if you have multiple per server.

What game server host, may I ask?

Make sure you set the cpusleep, I think to 10? Otherwise it will use everything.

Also, I'm not sure if it works but we have -bindaddr which will (should) bind you to a specific IP if you have multiple per server.

What game server host, may I ask?

www.gta-multi.com

It currently hosts Grand Theft Auto multiplayer servers; but it wishes to expand to other games as well soon. But I know some people nice enough to let me run anything on their servers as long as I don't eat all their resources away; so thanks for telling me 'bout setting cpusleep to 10.

-bindaddr ? If you're not sure if it works, I'm gonna test it out later, since my SA-MP server has itself binded to an IP address.

As soon as I get used to a programming language that's crossplatform-friendly, I'll completely use one of their servers anyway to host a master server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back