My keyboard won't use certain symbols in SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyer3f

It has been bugging me ever since I started playing. I am not able to type certain symbols in SRB2. Some of these symbols include: +, =, [, {, ', ", \, ect. It replaced two symbols with ( and ). My keyboard is wireless and the receiver is connected to a USB port.

Thanks for the help.

Chaos, he's talking about the ASCII input SRB2 reads when checking the keyboard input >_>

See, not all keys are used to enter characters (arrows, enter, backspace, etc.). The rest must be decoded in order to get the characters they have. Well, SRB2 is failing at that.

Sik said:
See, not all keys are used to enter characters (arrows, enter, backspace, etc.). The rest must be decoded in order to get the characters they have. Well, SRB2 is failing at that.
Then, how are other people using symbols like + and =?

That's what I mean. For some reason it's failing with your hardware. Maybe some incompatibility issue with your drivers?

Sik said:
That's what I mean. For some reason it's failing with your hardware. Maybe some incompatibility issue with your drivers?
That is really strange. Does anyone know a way that I can fix this?

flyer3f said:
It has been bugging me ever since I started playing. I am not able to type certain symbols in SRB2. Some of these symbols include: +, =, [, {, ', ", \, ect. It replaced two symbols with ( and ). My keyboard is wireless and the receiver is connected to a USB port.

Thanks for the help.
. That happens to me as well. It won't work with ` unless I set the key to it. Also, the pause button on my keyboard happens to be read as the ` key. (I'm not using the same keyboard I usually do.)

The way SRB2 reads key presses is pretty bad, no support for English keyboards and such, sucks really.

Cue said:
The way SRB2 reads key presses is pretty bad, no support for English keyboards and such, sucks really.
It works just fine on the laptop I use, but not on this computer.

I mean no matter what layout you have, Shift+3 will always be #, etc...

This could be changed of course, there's a list with all the characters SRB2 can display in the source code.

Code:
-keyboard english

Command line could work...
I'll get right on it, not hard really.

Cue said:
Actually that's OK (that's the EN config), the problem is that it seems that on some keyboards SRB2 goes completely wrong and doesn't detect keys properly (not even mapped that way).

Sik said:
Cue said:
Actually that's OK (that's the EN config), the problem is that it seems that on some keyboards SRB2 goes completely wrong and doesn't detect keys properly (not even mapped that way).

Shift+3 is £ in the UK.
I get pretty tired of it, really, I end up having to actually think about what key to press, which I don't normally since my typing speed is actually faster than it would be if I were using some freaky headset to think the letters.

The EN-UK layout is different to the EN-US one? Weird. Well, all SP layouts seem to be the same at least.

Anyways, I've just memorized both layouts I use and I don't even look at the keyboard when I write :P

Vash said:
flyer3f said:

Thanks for the help.
. That happens to me as well. It won't work with ` unless I set the key to it. Also, the pause button on my keyboard happens to be read as the ` key. (I'm not using the same keyboard I usually do.)
Mine has the console set for the same button as start so thats also really annoying -_-. I thought it was just me having problems like this :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back