Sonic 2 Special Stages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIYoshiII

Is it possible to have a Special Stage act similar to Sonic 2's? I don't want characters running on the walls, but I want the automatic running, allowing the character to sidestep and jump.

I think I saw someone do a video with a Special Stage like this, and even then I think it was only a conveyor(?) belt.

Help me, please?

It is possible to make it similar to Sonic 2 special stages, but not exactly. As you've have kind of already stated, you can obviously see that it wouldn't have the same jump physics.

It is possible to make the characters automatically run like you want, but you'll have to apply a pusher effect and a scrolling effect to the whole map. I haven't tried scrolling effects in my age of mapping so far, so I can't specifically explain to you how to do this. But observing around how people have used such effects, it's possible to do this.

if you detail it enough, you can make corners and turns too.

Stating from this, it is possible, then? All right, that's what I was leaning toward to. My only problem is this: even if I get this to work, is it possible to get the checkpoints working, as having to have a certain amount of rings to pass?

why do they like nights anyway?
in srb2 its not fun. I dont have fun playing it.
You don't have fun playing it. A lot of people do.
That's honestly your opinion sir. I completely DESPISE the Nights Mode.
Iceman, SpiritCrusher was not stating his opinion. He was stating a fact. A lot of people enjoy playing Nights stages. That is a fact. You were the one stating an opinion Iceman o.o
(If this sounds mean, I'm not trying to be, I just found it kind of ironic ^^")

Last edited:
What I'm seriously wondering is why the team doesn't make the special stages more like this.

An extreme case of technical difficulties.

The idea looks good on paper, falls apart when trying to actually turn it into reality.

(If this sounds mean, I'm not trying to be)
What...what was mean about this?
犬夜叉;702017 said:
An extreme case of technical difficulties.
The idea looks good on paper, falls apart when trying to actually turn it into reality.
Well, I guess that's true. But the video posted above is a good proof of concept if you ask me. And who knows? It COULD probably be improved upon in some sort of way. But, (as always) I know you guys have your mind set already...

I dunno, Nights Stages for special stages just sound dull to me for one, and for two, how will this work? Will Knuckles and Tails be usable? Will they all be super somehow, or just start randomly floating? Will you FINALLY make some new sprites for them? Won't cutting off a dimension make the Special Stages a little too easy? It'd really be nice if we had some info about how this will all be in the future builds.

Last edited:
To be fair I'm a fan of nights. It's a pretty good game play gimmick that can work well if done well. It is a shame it is difficult to work with. The idea of having nights stage be the special stages is a novelty idea.

And as much as I am a fan of the Sonic 2 style special stages. I do not see them working well in SRB2's engine.

For those of you having trouble with NiGHTS gameplay, I suggest using an analog gamepad. Controlling the character is much easier that way.

I don't know if you can make a good sonic 2/sonic 3d blast type of special stage without exe modification. I don't think the wind sector special is really going to cut it. You would also have to disable the abilities for that stage.

I don't know if you can make a good sonic 2/sonic 3d blast type of special stage without exe modification. I don't think the wind sector special is really going to cut it. You would also have to disable the abilities for that stage.

Ah well, if it requires heavy exe modification, then I'll probably stray away from the idea. Thanks for the info, though.

Even then, does anyone know how that was made, something with a wind sector being used throughout the whole stage?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back