Now that the music works... more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeFan1

A post I had up yesterday dealt with my concerns regarding adding custom music. That has been taken care of. But this brings up new concerns regarding releasing it.

As you might know, I'm planning to enter a level in the OLDC, (probably the March-April one, unless I get a serious chunk of free time very, very soon.) So I'm going to put the level with the custom music as my entry for that.

So...
1. Technical question: When I put this level into submissions, will it automatically include the custom music? Like, is that now inherently part of the level because it exists as a lump in the lump editor file of that .wad? If not, how can I go about seperately submitting or attaching the music file so that others can use it when they download the level?

2. Protocol Question: Do I need to somehow credit where the music is from? I mean, I didn't create it, but I aquired it legally and all. So must I somehow prove that, or does the community just assume that if you have applied music to a level, whether or not you got that music file legally is your business?

1.) Supposedly, when adding custom music, you should have it implemented into the map WAD, and not in a separate WAD.

2.) I have no idea how STjr handles Music copyrights, but give some credit somewhere in the MB, not your WAD.

1. If you want to include an external music wad, archive the entire thing and submit that. If you want to include them in the map wad, that's fine as well. The releases system makes no changes to the wads themselves.

2. Generally, we don't particularly care about that unless its a music wad all on its own (which are banned from the MB entirely, for that reason and others).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back