SC_EggFleet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

The Egg Fleet from Sonic Heroes. This is not a port, merely a look-a-like. There are two versions for this map, so careful which one you download and play, don't come to me with errors here and there. The supported versions of SRB2 for this are:

SRB2 Comunity Build (Regular)
SRB2 Comunity Build PNG Edition

There are new enemy frames that replace the Crawlas and Pop-up Turrets that replace them with Egg Pawns and Egg Fleet Cannons (mind you I put no effort into making the frames, they are simply there to make it look more like egg fleet. If you want something with effort, play it with the MD2s in this release section).

There are two md2 files along with it, which are the EggPawns, which override the blue Crawla, and the Egg Fleet Cannon, which override the Pop-up turret.

Once again, do note this level is mainly for replicating the egg fleet ships, and I highly recommend using the md2 models that are in the attachments.

Attachments

• SRB2CB 2013-11-30 19-28-04-16.jpg
    SRB2CB 2013-11-30 19-28-04-16.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 2,315
  • SRB2CB 2013-12-02 22-19-05-47.jpg
    SRB2CB 2013-12-02 22-19-05-47.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,226
  • SRB2CB 2013-12-02 22-19-08-42.jpg
    SRB2CB 2013-12-02 22-19-08-42.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,276
  • SRB2CB 2013-12-02 22-19-20-81.jpg
    SRB2CB 2013-12-02 22-19-20-81.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 1,300
  • SC_EggFleet.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 975
  • SC_EggFleetPNG.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 751
  • EggFleetModels.zip
    47.3 KB · Views: 777
Honestly, repeating the same section of the level so many times for the sake of making a look-a-like of an already repetitive level wasn't the best of plans. In fact it's pretty awful level design.

But you took the time to at least include md2's to make it a more faithful recreation and actually used SRB2CB's slopes so there's at least some merit. Welcome to releases, by the skin of your teeth really.

Last edited:
Couple things. You did pretty good with the layout... Especially for a port of Sonic Hero's. There is no star posts, so if you were to die at the end... Ya.... Also, why didn't you just make your own enemy instead of filling up the crawla slot?

Couple things. You did pretty good with the layout... Especially for a port of Sonic Hero's. There is no star posts, so if you were to die at the end... Ya.... Also, why didn't you just make your own enemy instead of filling up the crawla slot?

This was just a simple map that I did on my free time, I only made the Egg Pawns sprites' replace the Crawla's because I didn't want to put in the time to make the Egg Pawn things.

I think the new textures fit well. And I could use the slopes to get some extra speed. I liked also jumping around and speedrunning this in a bit over 50s.
But I think the enemies should go faster and please, make all the pits work.

SRB2CB? (...)

Well, you could have a great use of the skybox around here. Why don't you try it? =)

Just think of it Doctor, you could have a shit ton of battleships in the background like this:
6Xhwf.jpg

That's probably not the best example but you see what I mean. Anyways I liked this level but it was fun while it lasted. I thought the level was going to be long and fun. It was just short and fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back