[Open Assets] scmrtf OrsLand 2014

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ors

Custom User Title
This is a map pack with 16 single-player maps, 3 match maps, 1 CTF map, 7 new special stages and some secrets. This mod should have another name but A cat didn´t want a name without "ors", so, I decided to keep its name.

CREDITS:
Ors: The leader, mapper, speedrun-tester
Eddie20: Mapper
TS/Critical Dude: Mapper
Professor Oak/A cat(the destroyer): Mapper

Cyan Sonic: Beta-tester
Dashy/THC : Beta-tester
HAPPYFOX : Beta-tester

ZONES:
Blue Beach Zone
Difficulty: Beginner
This is a beautiful zone that has 6 emeralds at total. There´s nothing to be afraid except crawlas and some spikes. So, have fun here!
Sonic Time-attack:
BBZ1: Par 0:17
BBZ2: Par 0:17
BBZ3: Par 0:24

Rainforest Ramapage Zone
Difficulty: Easy
This is a bit harder than Blue Beach Zone. The pits can kill you first time. There´s emeralds too but they´re hidden quite well.
Sonic Time-attack:
RRZ1: Par 1:15
RRZ2: Par 1:15
RRZ3: Par 0:25

Xtreme Xmas Zone

Difficulty: Medium
Winter has begun! But this winter town is gonna be destroyed by Eggman´s antiwater ray is you don´t destroy one on eggman´s Egg Mobiles.
Sonic Time-attack:
XXZ1: Par 0:25
XXZ2: Par 0:25
XXZ3: Par 0:22

Cool Castle Zone

You have found eggman´s secret castle! Let´s go in and find some clues to find Eggman.
Sonic Time-attack:
CCZ1: Par 0:45
CCZ2: Par 0:24

Mine Madness zone
There was a tunnel in eggman´s secret castle that leads into the mines. Why is Eggman covering mines with a matallic mansion? Is he hiding something secret in the mines and volcano? Let´s find out!
Sonic Time-attack:
MMZ1: Par 1:15
MMZ2: Par 0:20

Space show zone
Difficulty: Hard
*TOP SECRET*
Sonic Time-attack:
SSZ1: Par 0:55
SSZ2: Par 1:50
SSZ3: Par 0:30
CHANGELOG:
Version 2014
*Blue Beach Zone 1 and 2 are extended.
*Completely new Blue Beach Zone 3.
*New zones: Rainforest Ramapage Zone, Mine Madness zone, Space Show Zone.
*Xtreme Xmas Zone 1´s pits are more clear than before. Water in final obstacle rises slower than before.
*Start of Xtreme Xmas Zone 2 is easier than before. Final obstacle is now neater.
*Completely new Xtreme Xmas Zone 3.
*Completely new Cool Castle Zone 1.
*Completely new special stages.
*Hub + Special stage hub.
*Time-attack "stamps".
*4 multiplayer maps.
*Custom wall textures and flats have been canceled.
*Something to fill changelog because nobody will read this.
*Custom credits.
*Starsky texture everywhere.
*New Story and cutscenes at the start.

Attachments

• srb20005.png
    srb20005.png
    50 KB · Views: 2,170
  • srb20024.png
    srb20024.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 2,079
  • srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 2,143
  • scmrtf_OrsLand_v2014.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,884
  • scmrtf_OrsLand_v2014.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,952
Last edited:
Ok, there are some definite good and bad things about this pack. Now, I understand that this is your first pack (and I assume that means first release...?) so take everything I say not as an insult but as suggestions :-)

1. OH MY GOD THAT FIRST LEVEL. I understand that it was meant to be easy...but it was far from it. I got disgustingly lost, as every path I took seemed to take me in circles. After about ten minutes (and 400+ rings from that attraction sheild) I eventually stubled upon the end, but it was a long battle. So I suggest that a) you make the path to the finish more obvious...now I don't mean litter the world with arrows, but just make everything flow together better. b) OBJECTSPAM Remove a lot of the enemies and a lot of the rings. Fawfulfan once said something about "sparingly and something and something," I don't actually remember it, but the point is don't overload a map with enemies, or, likewise, rings. It just gets too cluttered and annoying. c) What's up with that odd floor near the beginning that you step on and go into a spindash animation? Is it a broken zoom tube or something? d) I'd suggest using more texture variety, but people always take this to literally and just splash random textures on walls. So I won't say this. But I will say, instead of cluttering the level with enemies and rings, create some sector-based scenery and texture it differently to break up the level's "flatness." Aside from these things, I do say I quite enjoy that room with the torches. Looks good. That part with the waterfalls coming together is also nice, this has the potential to be a decent first map.
  2. Second level: Same problems with enemies and rings as the first, but it's far too short. Work on this one more, develop it further.
  3. Boss is fine, leave it alone. The only suggestion I could give is widen the arena a bit, but it's not horrible.
  4. The two xmas levels were not bad. Work on the first zone first and then come back to these later, they're not bad at all. Probably could tone down on enemies some, like I said earlier. Also, act 2 seemed kinda short...maybe you shouldn't leave the end of the level where it is? Also, I enjoyed the part with the platforms there, it was well-placed. But I would say add some vertical variation there, and maybe make a path split.

Well, that's about all I have to say...work on this some and then I'll say more.

Dude, not a bad pack! Although some stuff needs some tweaking. Blue Beach - Okay, these levels aren't bad, but easy to get lost, maybe add some fences to keep your path? And you need different music for the level, do Tunes 136, just to keep that beach theme. Xtreme Xmas - Okay, this level is straight out cheap, and i find it even harder than Cool Castle! Here's some tips - Remove the DEATH WATER section in Act 1, and maybe replace it with a desolate parking lot section. The beginning of Act 2 was pretty cheap, and i got a game over. Probably do something to plug that hole! No problems with Cool Castle. And Ors, can i join the Ors land team?

Ok, there are some definite good and bad things about this pack. Now, I understand that this is your first pack (and I assume that means first release...?) so take everything I say not as an insult but as suggestions :-)

1. OH MY GOD THAT FIRST LEVEL. I understand that it was meant to be easy...but it was far from it. I got disgustingly lost, as every path I took seemed to take me in circles. After about ten minutes (and 400+ rings from that attraction sheild) I eventually stubled upon the end, but it was a long battle. So I suggest that a) you make the path to the finish more obvious...now I don't mean litter the world with arrows, but just make everything flow together better. b) OBJECTSPAM Remove a lot of the enemies and a lot of the rings. Fawfulfan once said something about "sparingly and something and something," I don't actually remember it, but the point is don't overload a map with enemies, or, likewise, rings. It just gets too cluttered and annoying. c) What's up with that odd floor near the beginning that you step on and go into a spindash animation? Is it a broken zoom tube or something? d) I'd suggest using more texture variety, but people always take this to literally and just splash random textures on walls. So I won't say this. But I will say, instead of cluttering the level with enemies and rings, create some sector-based scenery and texture it differently to break up the level's "flatness." Aside from these things, I do say I quite enjoy that room with the torches. Looks good. That part with the waterfalls coming together is also nice, this has the potential to be a decent first map.
  2. Second level: Same problems with enemies and rings as the first, but it's far too short. Work on this one more, develop it further.
  3. Boss is fine, leave it alone. The only suggestion I could give is widen the arena a bit, but it's not horrible.
  4. The two xmas levels were not bad. Work on the first zone first and then come back to these later, they're not bad at all. Probably could tone down on enemies some, like I said earlier. Also, act 2 seemed kinda short...maybe you shouldn't leave the end of the level where it is? Also, I enjoyed the part with the platforms there, it was well-placed. But I would say add some vertical variation there, and maybe make a path split.

Well, that's about all I have to say...work on this some and then I'll say more.

Thank you for honest feed back. I´ll remember that when I next time update this.

For a first release that was quite good, it's nice to see that you released something. And Ors may I also join the Ors land team, it would be good for teamwork.

Dude, not a bad pack! Although some stuff needs some tweaking. Blue Beach - Okay, these levels aren't bad, but easy to get lost, maybe add some fences to keep your path? And you need different music for the level, do Tunes 136, just to keep that beach theme. Xtreme Xmas - Okay, this level is straight out cheap, and i find it even harder than Cool Castle! Here's some tips - Remove the DEATH WATER section in Act 1, and maybe replace it with a desolate parking lot section. The beginning of Act 2 was pretty cheap, and i got a game over. Probably do something to plug that hole! No problems with Cool Castle.

I´ll make some arrows or something like that to help finding the way. Xtreme Xmas Zone 1´s death water section will be easier. But I don´t want to remove it. I´ll remove some crawlas from the first hole in Xtreme Xmas Zone 2.

And Ors, can i join the Ors land team?

Ok. If we change name of mod (and team).

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

For a first release that was quite good, it's nice to see that you released something. And Ors may I also join the Ors land team, it would be good for teamwork.

This is a very good pack I really liked it, most of the problems were already listed but, here are some that weren't.
1) At the end of Blue Beach zone 2 the rocks are square.
2) The part with the platforms in Xtream Xmas zone makes no sense, why are there platforms randomly floating in space?
3) The bosses are alright but, there the same as any other mod; you should probably give it some sort of twist.
5) Lastly the special stages start off hard when they should be easy then get harder.

I´ll make some arrows or something like that to help finding the way. Xtreme Xmas Zone 1´s death water section will be easier. But I don´t want to remove it. I´ll remove some crawlas from the first hole in Xtreme Xmas Zone 2.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Okay, dude! First on my list, is probably remake CCZ3 ( Cool Castle Zone 3 )'s boss arena, and here's a suggestion, make CCZ3 a normal zone.

This pack isn't bad, but there are some things that grind my gears about some levels:

*The first levels are kinda generic, which isn't a bad thing but I feel like it could use some more scenery here and there.
*There are death pits in really cheap places, like what Eddie20 said about the begin of XXZ2, and in various places CCZ1, like the part just before the end where you have jump to those spike platforms, it's really easy to overshoot as Sonic and wind up in a death pit, and the one near the end sign, in which you have to squeeze yourself between those pillars which doesn't always work out and ends you up dead.

Overall, you show some promise with this pack, so by all means go on with making levels.

I have a story idea.
Sonic and friends has discovered a small island 50 miles southwest of South Island, Tails has called the new island " Ors Land ". But 5 weeks in, Dr. Eggman has appeared! Eggman, has made an invention that causes the sea level to lower, and ground to raise! Upon doing, Eggman has found an abandoned castle!; and for finding it, he has made the castle his new base of operations!
It's up to Sonic and Friends to save Mobius before there is too much ground and no water?

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

DP - Here's a little soc that i made, all it does when you play Single Player, you start on Blue Beach Zone. http://www.mediafire.com/?q10ulpff299mxfz

Last edited:
Thanx for comments!

Okay, dude! First on my list, is probably remake CCZ3 ( Cool Castle Zone 3 )'s boss arena, and here's a suggestion, make CCZ3 a normal zone.

That´s ok if your new CCZ3 is better than mine. If you want to make a new castle map, you can make act 2. Or make act 1 and change my act 1 to act2.

This is a very good pack I really liked it, most of the problems were already listed but, here are some that weren't.
1) At the end of Blue Beach zone 2 the rocks are square.

It is easy to fix

2) The part with the platforms in Xtream Xmas zone makes no sense, why are there platforms randomly floating in space?

This is just game. I don´t think it has to be logical.

3) The bosses are alright but, there the same as any other mod; you should probably give it some sort of twist.

You´re right. There will be used more mapping.

5) Lastly the special stages start off hard when they should be easy then get harder.

5? anyway, Special stages are bit harder than usually. Is there too many pits or is time the challenge?

This pack isn't bad, but there are some things that grind my gears about some levels:

*The first levels are kinda generic, which isn't a bad thing but I feel like it could use some more scenery here and there.

BBZ2 will be remade. I didn´t like it in this version very much. BBZ1 has modifying if someone wants to do it.

*There are death pits in really cheap places, like what Eddie20 said about the begin of XXZ2, and in various places CCZ1, like the part just before the end where you have jump to those spike platforms, it's really easy to overshoot as Sonic and wind up in a death pit, and the one near the end sign, in which you have to squeeze yourself between those pillars which doesn't always work out and ends you up dead.

I said the first pit in XXZ2 will be different. In CCZ1 I think pits are just fun. It is last Zone. It should be hard. If you fail there at end there is an extra life in lava area.

Overall, you show some promise with this pack, so by all means go on with making levels.

Thanks! There will be more maps in next wersion.

I have a story idea.
Sonic and friends has discovered a small island 50 miles southwest of South Island, Tails has called the new island " Ors Land ". But 5 weeks in, Dr. Eggman has appeared! Eggman, has made an invention that causes the sea level to lower, and ground to raise! Upon doing, Eggman has found an abandoned castle!; and for finding it, he has made the castle his new base of operations!
It's up to Sonic and Friends to save Mobius before there is too much ground and no water?

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

DP - Here's a little soc that i made, all it does when you play Single Player, you start on Blue Beach Zone. http://www.mediafire.com/?q10ulpff299mxfz

Great you made the story. I still think this should end in space. Maybe Sonic finds a space shuttle in the castle when eggman is defeated. Story will be in mod if you or someone else make cut scenes.

Last edited:
Great you made the story. I still think this should end in space. Maybe Sonic finds a space shuttle in the castle when eggman is defeated. Story will be in mod if you or someone else make cut scenes.
Well, yeah. The Space Zone, which is currently unnamed, will be on a space station, and you'll fight Eggman in his final line of defense. Of course, the new CCZ1 will be reminiscent of the original act 1, but you're not in the castle yet.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

DP - Here's the new W.I.P Act 1 of Cool Castle.
29gl9pj.png

What do you think, Ors?

Well, yeah. The Space Zone, which is currently unnamed, will be on a space station, and you'll fight Eggman in his final line of defense. Of course, the new CCZ1 will be reminiscent of the original act 1, but you're not in the castle yet.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

DP - Here's the new W.I.P Act 1 of Cool Castle.
29gl9pj.png

What do you think, Ors?
That looks nice. You can use textures very well.

Okay, i'm just spitting this out.
Who would like OLDC's of the past-themed special stages?
--
Chromatian Approves

Last edited:
I have a story idea.
Sonic and friends has discovered a small island 50 miles southwest of South Island, Tails has called the new island " Ors Land ".
Since your involving sonic the fighters, (because of south island) May I suggest adding Honey the cat as a playable character/boss?

I will try to make up with a story myself and see if you like it or not.

- Sonic, Tails and Knuckles were chilling at this new beach that Sonic recommended called Blue Beach Zone. But as we all know, there is no rest for our heroes. While relaxing at the beach, Tails saw something glowing at the water and then when he went closer to get a closer look, the Egg Mobile came out of the water and as soon as it came out, the water level started going down. Eggman "explained" his plan to Sonic and his friends that he wants to steal the sea in Mobius to create a new sea in his new Planet called the EggmanLand 2.0.
Of course, Sonic is not going to let that happen and he made sure that Eggman knew that. Sonic went after Eggman, crossing the entire Blue Beach at the speed of sound.
Then when Sonic destroys the Egg Mobile, he discovered that Eggman had a new escape method, a portable teleporter. What Eggman didn't know was that he had a locator in his back thanks to Sonic.
They followed the locator's signal to a very snowy place. It was known as Xtreme Xmas. But even with those extremely cold conditions, Sonic with his optimistic look, just blasted through the zone. At the end of the snowy zone, he founds another Egg device, the Eggvalanche (I just came up with that, you don't need to actually make one XD). Of course, sonic blows up with the machine and continues his path. Then he realises that this time, Eggman was not joking. He found himself staring at this endless and huge castle. Sonic tried to not feel intimidated by it and so he carried on.
At the end of the castle, he finds what he thinks to be his last Egg device to blow up, the Egg Hydranator. But Sonic after blowing up with the Hydranator, he finds a secret room that contained familiar stuff. He found information and a teleporter to the.......Space Colony ARK........2.0? Then it was a matter of time until Sonic realized that that the same colony was the EggmanLand 2.0. The teleporter took him to the beggining of the colony. The colony was exactly the same as the old one. The only difference was that the colony had an "Eggman twist" to it.
After the traditional zone space has been finished, Sonic found the old Enemy from The Egg Rock Zone, the Brak Eggman.

(This is what I got so far)

EDIT: Be careful with some of my grammar errors.

I will try to make up with a story myself and see if you like it or not.

- Sonic, Tails and Knuckles were chilling at this new beach that Sonic recommended called Blue Beach Zone. But as we all know, there is no rest for our heroes. While relaxing at the beach, Tails saw something glowing at the water and then when he went closer to get a closer look, the Egg Mobile came out of the water and as soon as it came out, the water level started going down. Eggman "explained" his plan to Sonic and his friends that he wants to steal the sea in Mobius to create a new sea in his new Planet called the EggmanLand 2.0.
Of course, Sonic is not going to let that happen and he made sure that Eggman knew that. Sonic went after Eggman, crossing the entire Blue Beach at the speed of sound.
Then when Sonic destroys the Egg Mobile, he discovered that Eggman had a new escape method, a portable teleporter. What Eggman didn't know was that he had a locator in his back thanks to Sonic.
They followed the locator's signal to a very snowy place. It was known as Xtreme Xmas. But even with those extremely cold conditions, Sonic with his optimistic look, just blasted through the zone. At the end of the snowy zone, he founds another Egg device, the Eggvalanche (I just came up with that, you don't need to actually make one XD). Of course, sonic blows up with the machine and continues his path. Then he realises that this time, Eggman was not joking. He found himself staring at this endless and huge castle. Sonic tried to not feel intimidated by it and so he carried on.
At the end of the castle, he finds what he thinks to be his last Egg device to blow up, the Egg Hydranator. But Sonic after blowing up with the Hydranator, he finds a secret room that contained familiar stuff. He found information and a teleporter to the.......Space Colony ARK........2.0? Then it was a matter of time until Sonic realized that that the same colony was the EggmanLand 2.0. The teleporter took him to the beggining of the colony. The colony was exactly the same as the old one. The only difference was that the colony had an "Eggman twist" to it.
After the traditional zone space has been finished, Sonic found the old Enemy from The Egg Rock Zone, the Brak Eggman.

(This is what I got so far)

EDIT: Be careful with some of my grammar errors.
Well, i think my story was better, and simpler.

Don't worry. I didn't even considered comparing my story to yours. I just thought that I could try and complicate it a bit on purpose, just so that we can get a background of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back