SRB2 Chaos Domain - Version 2.1 -scr_ChaosDomain-Version2.1.wad- (The Time Has Come!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is me and my stupidity but is it really a forever loop when taking one of the teleporters in EMZ? On a minor note, I'm curious about the Donkey Python idea in this pack.

Upcoming Update Info

So, I've spent the after noon getting the biggest setback for Chaos Domain's next release out of the way, fixing the clashing socs from all the OLDC demos I've made. Now that I've gotten that done, all I need to do is update the levels that I have already made and finish some W.I.P ones and I'll be able to get a new version out!

Also, I am thinking of trying to get this out by Christmas, but it won't be using Christmas textures like last time though. But if that date fails, expect it out sometime early next year! (Valve time most likely)

Update Progress: Radiant Caverns

Well, it's been awhile since I posted saying a new demo was on the way, and I thought I should post some work I've been doing on a possible unlockable stage.

That said, welcome to the Radiant Caverns Zone(click me!). The Radiant Caverns are a majestic cave system filled with colorful crystals that give off light, and take it away! Miners have attempted at gathering the crystals in the past, but have sense fled due to the water flooding parts f the mine, and lava burning other parts.

I'm not quite sure if this will be a full zone or not yet, so for now think of it as a secret stage you can unlock.

Three post combo, but time for a small update on my progress.

I have been slowly getting things ready for the next release of Chaos Domain, I am just needing to wrap up a few loose ends in some of the levels and then I can ship it out. But for now, I shall give you another video of something that is to come, the Egg Hopper.

Yeah, I did the make sprites. although, the boss itself was made by 742mph.

This level pack will be epic!

I like it very munch because some bosses will be entierely new, and same thing for the ennemies!
I hope another future version come with the 2.1 version, with the LUA code, nothing is impossible!

There is something that I wanted to ask about what I saw from the video, how many tags from the Egg Hopper object was used to trigger each linedef?
Because if I was to slow the video down I would see that the sector is triggered more than x (my guess is 8) times probably by the 'move tagged sector linedef', in order to make the area look like it's shaking (like a quake).

This shit looks pretty god damn sweet. I'm jelly over the custom boss and level layout. @_@ The earthquake thing looks awesome and so does practically every level in the pack. Jesus, you must've put one hell of a lot of effort into that for it to be the way it is. Respect and stuff.

There is something that I wanted to ask about what I saw from the video, how many tags from the Egg Hopper object was used to trigger each linedef?
Because if I was to slow the video down I would see that the sector is triggered more than x (my guess is 8) times probably by the 'move tagged sector linedef', in order to make the area look like it's shaking (like a quake).

Funny thing about the Boss, is that I don't fully know how it was built, I've just been doing edits of the original copy that was sent to me.

But what SpiritCrusher said is right, the boss runs a linedef executor that runs a script that makes the camera shake. As a small funfact, the camera shakes ever harder now, and it's been given a new attack to throw at you.

Chaos Domain Version 2.1 is live!

Chaos Domain Version 2.1 is now live!
Check the first post for the download link.

It's been a long wait, but I finally figured I had enough done to release a new version, and because the time i have for SRB2 is slowly leaking away as life starts to get busier for me. Also, this may be the last release of Chaos Domain for a good while, until I get the time and energy to finish everything up, so I hope you all enjoy it and have fun!

Oh my god an update. It's been some time indeed.

I just played it, and I must say kudos to you, CoatRack & co. You really improved this mod. Although, I do have one question: Where's Sunken Terminal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back