SRB2 Chaos Domain - Version 2.1 -scr_ChaosDomain-Version2.1.wad- (The Time Has Come!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh KOTE, you shouldn't just tell us to use the mirror, you should upload a smaller file as an attachment. If necessary, without the music.

Uh KOTE, you shouldn't just tell us to use the mirror, you should upload a smaller file as an attachment. If necessary, without the music.

This is a preferable option, especially as I (who uses SRB2 Mac), cannot hear the music anyway. Are you using mp3 or ogg files?

I pretty much agree on this pack with what SpiritCrusher said... Though I had fun, actually. Maybe that's just because lately there was nothing new on SRB2 to play. I LOVED seeing Eggmansion again, although... The FaceStabbers... I don't remember them acting like that... They don't try to dodge if jump to max height while standing still and then move forward while in mid air, they just dodge if you walk towards them and then jump...
Oh, and Sunken Terminal has a HUGEEEE amount of enemy spam. REALLY. It's too hard to breathe (pun intended). Remove that a bit... Please?

EDIT: Bugz.
srb22846.png

Yeah... I don't know either why did that happen O_O

srb22836.png

1. How does the oil fall from the place the machinery, the tube, is? Its suppose to fall just from where the oil flowed... inside the tube.
2. There's nothing behind it... Where does the oil COME from?

srb22845.png

^Misplaced spike. Delete or move it or something... Oh, and when I fell there by the trap, I actually survived with no scratches. There's too much of a gap between the spikes.

Last edited:
Wow, I really enjoyed playing this! No complaints so far.

Oh, and I WTF'ed at the scene after the credits.

This is a really hard map for me to talk about, mainly because I have two choices going into this post: Do I extol the virtues present in your work, or do I bash the living hell out of it because of its faults?

It's really not that hard to bash, you know. The entire thing, like Spirit Crusher was saying, doesn't have a focal point. There's no real place to draw your attention. It's like, I pull open your map and I'm saying, "Okay, I'm here, now what?" I was never interested in any one thing. I didn't feel sad about thokking through everything the first time because I wasn't missing anything. That's the biggest flaw here.

The biggest virtue, I think, is what kept me going through the content. The main thing here to get excited about is the theme. You really put a lot of love into the general visual style of each zone, and that's what really grabs me and makes me come back for more. Because of those themes, this pack is going to be bittersweet for me because what I'll remember is the amazing themes but actually have to play the drab, cookie cutter level design.

Remember: Players only ever get excited about the same things in your maps that you did.

This pack pack was good. The reason I don't put more then good is because of Stronghold Forest. I had that impression when I played its winter version from the 2009 Christmas demo. Stronghold Forest act 1 can be improve since it was better than act 2 (which was horrible imo) but still I think that you are doing the right thing for re-create a new SFZ.

For the other Zones, Sunset Pass was very fun for a first level but short. At least it had secrets. The thing I didn't like was why are you using 1 music for 3 acts? Lets hope that some of the bug/glitches will be fixed in later versions.

As for Egg mansion Zone, it was improved from the OLC version since there was more items. I like the looping corridor and those socced FaceStabbers. Not much else to say but it's a very great level.

For Sunken Terminal, It was a really good water level (when was that last water level released?) but there is a bit too much enemies especially motion mines.

Overall this pack is good but can be better. It has really good visuals but the level design needs improvement (SFZ).

Now that I've actually played through the pack...

Sunset Pass is a very good start to this pack, with its outstanding visuals.

The biggest flaw here, IMO, is Stronghold Forest because of its annoying level design. The only good thing about this pack is the boss, but that's not saying much because you have to swing on chains to hit Eggman (and that takes time getting used to!) You're doing a good thing revamping it for the next release, and I can't wait to see what huge changes you're going to make.

That being said, Eggmansion and Sunken Terminal were a breath of fresh air to me because of the SOC'd enemies in Eggmansion and overall design (but Sunken Terminal can be annoying at times because there are too many enemies in some parts).

Overall, I think that this pack is good and it has a ton of potential.

srb20524.png

Small pic showing off the new SFZ1, and a new badnik, the Camo Crawla (Or Crawla Elite)!

That sector-based scenery needs work. Particularly, that ceiling. Do something, ANYTHING with it, just a basic light fixture dangling from the center would work!

Just remembered I forgot to mention something, though I'm pretty sure it's been told. THE SHIELDS.
They annoy me. In a place like Sunken Terminal, you NEED to see what's in front of you. You could've done that with the regular shield, because they are basicly transpernt... but the new shields don't let you see anything in front of you. I highly suggest making them transpernt.

I enjoy the gameplay of the WAD, but there's something wrong with the console. It keeps telling me, "Warning: State Cycle Detected" over and over. The messages don't cause lag or interfere with the game itself, they're just very annoying. What do they mean, and how can I fix them?

One day, someone should explain to me why separate the two files : The file that contains the game and the file that contains music.
Okay. The music file is much heavier.
But some things to know. If you download a Music + Game wad OR a music wad and a play wad separated, the download is at the same speed.
Another thing ... if the player does not download the music file OR if he forgets to put it in SRB2 ... when he plays the game, there can have full of problems to the subjects of music. Some zones can not have music.
I do not like it, "the music file is very heavy" yes, but SRB2 operates at the same speed.

srb20524.png
Small pic showing off the new SFZ1, and a new badnik, the Camo Crawla (Or Crawla Elite)!

Or the military crawla, soldier crawla or, or commando crawla, etc..
I'll see his ability, he looks nice. It is pure KO.T.E.

One day, someone should explain to me why separate the two files : The file that contains the game and the file that contains music.
Okay. The music file is much heavier.
But some things to know. If you download a Music + Game wad OR a music wad and a play wad separated, the download is at the same speed.
Another thing ... if the player does not download the music file OR if he forgets to put it in SRB2 ... when he plays the game, there can have full of problems to the subjects of music. Some zones can not have music.
I do not like it, "the music file is very heavy" yes, but SRB2 operates at the same speed.
The attachment can hold only 16 MB, but the whole file is bigger than that. But an attachment is required for every release, so if it doesn't fit otherwise, he needs to split the music from the rest.

Ok Love the pack so far! but one thing...
srb20004.png

What the hell is THAT?
And I did find one glitch In the same zone, in the room where the floor falls, the air sockets land on the death pit and stay there, looks strange.

Ok Love the pack so far! but one thing...
srb20004.png

What the hell is THAT?
And I did find one glitch In the same zone, in the room where the floor falls, the air sockets land on the death pit and stay there, looks strange.
That would be Donkey Kong's Head on The Kraken from Earthbound/Mother 2. I think D00D64 made that sprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back